permenant tan lines forever after bad burn

i went to the beach about 2 weeks ago. the sun was nowhere to be found, yet i was unaware that on a cloudy day, the sun can do much more damage. i layed on the beach in a tshirt and short shorts for about an hr and a half on my stomach. the next day the back of my legs from my knees up were BURNNNNEDDDDD. its really bad. i have peeling and blisters and pain when i sit down, take a shower or even walk. its definitely sun poisoning. its not even red- but purple. today after applying aloe and evrything its starting to turn to a tan...a very very dark tan. im very white so this is unusual!

my problem is that..since i was wearing shorts and not a bathing suit bottom i have very very very bad tanlines which im afraid will NEVER fade. the color of the tan is UNREAL. ive never seen anything so dark and burned. I will never be able to wear a normal bathing suit bottom again bc my legs are brown from my knee up..then where the shorts start its WHITE.

im so screwed....forever

I have had a lot of sun exposure, I surf, play golf, and live in Hawaii which means sun exposure is just a part of life for me. Your tan lines will go away after time. However, it would be easier to just slowly tan the other parts of your skin (DO NOT GO OUT AND BURN). Put sunscreen on the places that have already tanned. Also, your sunburn sounds bad, you may want to think about seeing a physician.

Good luck...

Suggest you never ever get burned again. One burn to the level you're describing increases the risk of cancer by something like 20 times. My father has had continual surgery on his face and skin for melanomas. He lived in Hawaii for years as well as being outdoors most of his life and is paying for it in his 70s.

Suggest you never ever get burned again. One burn to the level you're describing increases the risk of cancer by something like 20 times. My father has had continual surgery on his face and skin for melanomas. He lived in Hawaii for years as well as being outdoors most of his life and is paying for it in his 70s.

Indeed, to much sun exposure will have very negative effects in the long run. However, some sun is also good for you both physically and emotionally. Living in a climate like Hawaii and enjoying the outdoors make over sun exposure almost inevitable.

They will fade. I grew up with this kind of sunburn every summer. Yes, skin cancer is on its way It took about a year completely out of the sun for my tan lines to fade. This is because the skin is constantly shedding and renewing itself. Once all those underneath layers have come to the surface, you will no longer have a tan or tan lines.

Indeed, to much sun exposure will have very negative effects in the long run. However, some sun is also good for you both physically and emotionally. Living in a climate like Hawaii and enjoying the outdoors make over sun exposure almost inevitable.

Believe me, I've lived outdoors in the sunshine most of my life in beachtowns and I'm going to pay the price someday. Sunblock wasn't the order of the day when I was young and in my teens, it was suntan oil. A little vitamin D is a good thing, sunshine is a mood enhancer (and I crave it like a drug), but you still have to watch it. Especially if you are fair skinned naturally (I'm northern European by descent)

And I'm in CO now - high altitude = higher UV exposure. Why do you think it's so easy to run around in a t shirt when the temperature is 40 F here as opposed to 40 F in NYC? Closer to the sun....

My father had most of the exposure that is causing all the problems now when he was in high school and his 20s.

Sun Shade 5 Year Review, Got To Bea...
Sun Shade 5 Year Review, Got To Beat The Summer Heat

Archived