Am I wrong?

4ever2gether

So I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years now. She has two daughters ages 24 and 20. We are in a same sex relationship, and yes her daughters and I get along very well and are very understanding. Well recently there had been a conflect to where her daughter wants to spend an evening with her mom once a week. Well my girlfriend has asked me to make sure i am ok with it. I can't really say no, because it would be wrong of me to ask, because everyone needs their mother, however, when we are together including her daughters, they don't even think about it twice to say anything about their lifes because i am there. Like, they talk about their own relationships, problems, work and so on infront of me. with no problem. My girlfriend has asked them if they have a problem with me, and they say no they adore me. i truly believe this. So I am having a difficult time understanding why all of a sudden I have to stay away that one evening that she request it of her? I don't quite understand. Any mom's out there that can possibly help me understand?

Well, regardless of how much they like you, you've only been in their lives 2 years, whereas she is their mother and has been with them their entire life. As comfortable as I used to be with my stepdad, I still wanted time alone with "my mommy," know what I mean? No matter how old I am. Its just how it goes. Don't take it personally, and do not attempt to make your girlfriend choose between her daughters' wishes and yours. I would keep this one to yourself.

What To Do If They Cheat - Do this ...
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this First

Archived