Back to square one.

Saturday night I was supposed to go out with someone and I was stood up. I drank myself silly and ended up crying at the bar (right there in front of everybody!) like an idiot. Then I went to the pool tournament that I knew my ex was going to be at and entered it....and guess what?! We drew the same card and got paired against each other. I beat him and actually came in third in the tornament...but when I turned around after my last game, my ex had left. This really has to stop. I don't even expect anyone to feel sorry for me anymore. What good is it to come on here and get advice when I don't even listen to anyone? I keep setting myself up for dissappointment and pain. It really, really bites.

Hang in there. You're entitled to make mistakes. We all do. Remember, a lot of folks on ENA are part of the "those who cannot do...teach" brigade Keep trying.

On the bright side, you stayed focused during the tournament. You didn't keep watching him, you didn't cry or freak out... that must mean something, right?

Well, I guess I did handle myself a little better than last week, when I saw him. He's always courteous to me, but I know he can tell how much I love him and am hurting. I'm really not being fair to either of us by doing this. The girl that works with him confided that he had told her he couldn't sleep at night over the guilt. Maybe I should handcuff myself to the bed next weekend? It seems like that would be the only way to make me behave myself! Oh...and no more liquid depressant!

Yes, I don't drink alcohol within 3 months of a breakup. Self imposed rule. There's enough emotions going on that I don't need my mind clouded by alcohol or prescription meds. I stay clean and just go with the rollercoaster, take care of my health and myself.

But...you picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, joined the game, and beat him at pool! AND THEN won 3rd place, to boot. That's awesome! No square one in my book. (Emotionally maybe it feels that way, but you are covering new ground, and progessing.)

Whoops - A iRacing #shorts
Whoops - A iRacing #shorts

Archived