feeling blue?

wtm78

Well first off, I think it is an illusion that everybody else has it together. A lot of the time that is just a front they put off because they are afraid of showing weakness or are embarrassed about it.

Some people have more highs and lows. We are all just different in that respect. Has it become a problem for you to function or is really getting in the way of anything?

i think some people have learned better tools to keep themselves more positive. mainly in childhood which then affect our adulthood and ability to manage/cope.

sometimes too IMHO, we learn certain ways of being (emotional reactions) because we are more comfortable and familiar with these behaviors and have not learned or are disciplined enough to do things different...in a more healthy way.

Ups and downs are ok, it's just how you look at them and manage them that makes the difference.

Example: I spent Monday uncontrollably crying off and on all day while at the office. I hid in my cube while I was crying, but I still made efforts to talk to my social group, I even managed to crack some jokes even though I felt like curling up in a heap on the ground. Forcing myself to try to be myself helped because I wasn't giving in to the black hole that I was feeling that day (it was a very very bad day due to some news from my ex). I'm still struggling 3 days later, but I'm still out there trying to make my day as normal as I can tolerate.

Archived