She's Going Away For 6 Months

I've been dating my current girlfriend for roughly 2.5 years. In one month she's going away for 6 months to travel around Europe whereas a week after she leaves I'll be starting a new job, working full-time.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what will be best. Obviously I love her very much but I don't think that I can last 6 months. We've spoken about it a couple of times but it's always ended in us just waiting to see what happens. I know she would be very much willing to try a long distance relationship.

However, we're both young. I can't decide. One minute I think I could last but a large part of me wants to end it right now so I can start getting over it. I don't want to be a wreck when I start my new job.

Do I wait this out and see what it will be like when she's away and play it from there? Or should I take the hit now. Anyone with any similar experiences?

Many thanks...

I agree with Annie; give it some time and see how it goes before making any big decisions. Yes, 6 months is a long time, but it will pass. I had to be apart from my bf for 6 months when I had to live accross the country. It sucked, not saying it didn't... but we got through it. How are you going to feel in 7 months when she is back & you can't see her because you broke up with her? Unless you have reasons for wanting to separate, and you would be breaking up with her even if she wasn't leaving I think you should just stick through it.

Archived