Should new friends know about the ex?

ulgirl

I make a lot of guy friends, just wondering if I should ever mention my ex bf? They ask questions about my dating history, if I'm interested in dating, why not etc. My ex and I are still best friends after a 3 year relationship, and I don't want to date because I'm still close with him. Should new friends that I make be fully aware of this? It's kinda hard to talk about. I know guys don't like to hear about exes, I've always heard it's best not to mention it. But could honestly be the best policy here? I'd like to be friends with them without them running the other way once they realize there's an ex in the picture.

I make a lot of guy friends, just wondering if I should ever mention my ex bf? They ask questions about my dating history, if I'm interested in dating, why not etc. My ex and I are still best friends after a 3 year relationship, and I don't want to date because I'm still close with him. Should new friends that I make be fully aware of this? It's kinda hard to talk about. I know guys don't like to hear about exes, I've always heard it's best not to mention it. But could honestly be the best policy here? I'd like to be friends with them without them running the other way once they realize there's an ex in the picture.

all i know is when it comes to your theory, dudes run farther when there's an actual boyfriend.

If they are your friends then they don't need to know about any of your ex's....for what reason do they need this information...it's the past and shouldn't even matter.

I see no problem mentioning that you're still friends with your ex. Unless these guys you refer to as 'friends' have an alterior motive I don't know why they'd go running the other way. Even then, personally, I wouldn't let it bother me unless it seemed like she was still pining for him.

well another thing is i dont see the problem in telling them, like if they're your rights what's actually the concern in telling them? you aren't provided to tell them anyway, unless it comes up, which if it does, you can sort of get the reason for why it did, and if someone is curious because they like you for example, well then you can still tell them when the time is right.

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived