Online dating experiences

Anusha
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

Well my online dating experiences werent so good lol I have been trying it but so far I just met weirdos that are just interested in sex.Most of them have sex related nicks and just want that kind of subject.Some start talking to you and seems nice but then stop talking or go ofline without any explanation.I can say that so far I didnt like much.Anybody had a good experience with online dating and want to share?

I met a girl who I thought was awesome and then an hour before the date she said she was sick and we would reschedule when she was feeling better. She never rescheduled, and never messaged me again. I know she's not dead cause she's online all the time. Women are evil. and I say that in the nicest way.

Online dating does require a certain level of thick-skinned-ness!!

People are indeed ruder and less empathetic online.. I guess the anonymity and emotional distance of non face-to-face communication play a large part. I have to say even I have been guilty of being fairly blaze with guys online when something else comes up - either another boy, or something else in my life that is more interesting.

I have kept at it though... and if nothing else I use it as a learning tool as I am very limited in my dating experience.. I get to go on multiple dates with different people - find out what I like and don't like, find out what things I should and shouldn't do on a date etc... and maybe find someone I really like on the way (there are some decent people on those sites!)!

Be very careful of the ones who are out for sex though.. I screen this in the early email / online communication.

Ammy

p.s. There are success stories, my sis and her boyfriend of 8 months met online and they are a great couple... I can see it being a long-term thing!

Honestly, I haven't had a good experience with it but I have friends who have.

Two of my girlfriends met their now husbands online.

It didn't work for me though. I went on several dates and most of the guys just wanted sex. One of them was very nice at first. We dated for a few weeks but then I found out he was a drug dealer....go figure! Anyway, I could go on and on about my horror stories from online dating but don't let that keep you away.

I think online dating can work for a lot of people just be smart about it. If somebody gives you the wrong vibe through e-mail, follow your gut instincts. Write back and forth for a while before you meet up with somebody to get a feel for them.

Good luck.

Archived