My ex has no self esteem so he thrived on me making him feel needed. in our one year of dating, he threatened to leave me 4 times just to make me respond by chasing after him to make him feel needed. everytime i reached out to him, he was very happy and his ego got sroked. so two weeks ago he ended it yet again because we werent getting along anymore, so instead of fighting it, this time i agreed and let it go.

Two days later, he texts me saying he not sure if i want to hear from him but hes sorry for how things happened and he just wanted to say hi. I texted back that it was alright. 3 days later he texts again asking how i was doing so i called and we ended up having a pleasant 10-15 min conversation.

That night i invited him to a comedy club and it went pretty well. We ended up holding hands and snuggling up to each other.

Later that night, we ended up kissing, so i asked him why he left me if he loved me. he responded by saying he just wanted to be friends and didnt want to rush back into it. he ended up reinforcing the idea that we werent right for each other. being irritated, and hurt, i agreed and said maybe it was for the best to break up. the next day, he told me he loved me and he would miss me and even kissed me goodbye.

two days later, he calls and texts saying he just wanted to see how i was doing. After dating a year, in two days we're supposed to be bffs? I didnt reply, so after a week i find an email from him saying he was sorry about things not working out, but hes here for me and he'll always be my friend. he even said id be the first person to find out when he got into nursing school.

Im not sure he actually wants to be friends, i think hes just trying to make sure i dont forget about him. i dont know

I agree with the forgetting him part. im tired of the constant fights and break-ups. I was hurt because i thought he genuinely cared about me but im fine now. I decided he probably wasnt the best man for me anyway. i guess i just want an idea of what he could be thinking????

He said in the email that he understood if i needed space because it was a difficult time for him too. and that i could call him anytime just to "talk". is this actual sympathy/guilt, or is he trying to taunt me??

I agree with the forgetting him part. im tired of the constant fights and break-ups. I was hurt because i thought he genuinely cared about me but im fine now. I decided he probably wasnt the best man for me anyway. i guess i just want an idea of what he could be thinking????

He said in the email that he understood if i needed space because it was a difficult time for him too. and that i could call him anytime just to "talk". is this actual sympathy/guilt, or is he trying to taunt me??

I also agree with the forgetting him comment. Now to do this, don't worry about if he's trying to taunt you or whatnot. Try not to think of him at all and move forward. If you find yourself thinking about him, list out the negatives in your relationship and what's nice about being alone.

Archived