clobsy

I don't really understand what you mean by this. If a girl has a boyfriend, she's made her choice. She isn't choosing between suitors. If you have a girlfriend and some other guy was trying to pursue her, wouldn't you find it disrespectful of him? It's important for people to respect boundaries.

This would be fine and good if many women didn't use a BF, real or not, as a short term screening mechanism. Have had many, many encounters where a BF comes up early in conversation and then disappears a mere 20 minutes later, usually along the lines of "I know I said I had a BF, but want to let you know that it's not serious and we aren't exclusive." Guys don't start out believing that lots of women lie about BFs, they learn from experience, and modify their behavior accordingly.

There have been threads here on ENA where this very topic is discussed, often with women advising others to use the BF line as a way to put off interested men, and claiming nothing wrong with that.

If so many women didn't use the BF line in this way, more men would take them at their word. Admittedly it's hard to be totally upfront when dealing with someone one isn't interested in, but the BF screen/fib is a particularly poor way of deflecting interest.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived