Meeting up with the ex on thursday...

Poe

Hi all - I texted my ex the other day to see if she could send me some old photos (thats why you should always use a surge protector) - anyway, thought it would be a good chance to touch base and see if she's cleaned up her act abit. We only dated for 4-5 months a few years back, and she has/had ALOT of issues and said so herself she needed to work on herself "to make herself happy first" - we broke up, ultimately I walked away blowing off a few contact attempts for about 2 1/2 years.

So anyway, she definitely seemed to be pretty up for the idea of hanging out but push me off for the past few weeks. We were supposed to hang out something cool this week but suggested just meeting up for a quick lunch before she was off to something else. Claims work has been busy, but I think that excuse has wore thin. Truth is I don't really care what the excuse is at this point? Curiosity and potential excitement has waned.

So I'm just going to blow her off and go back to life as usual and forget this ever happened. I don't expect her to drop everything to hang out, but a few weeks seems like she is playing game and I'm not exactly anxious to jump back together with her - I think this is a fairly good indication that nothing has changed.

Any thoughts? Curious from a girls perspective. One girl here had mentioned that she wouldn't jump to hang out with me either since I ultimately walked away from her. Still, wouldn't have done that if she treated me better!

maybe I am a little of the paranoid type, but it seems like she might be trying to exact some petty revenge... games are games and it makes no difference what the motivating factor is for them, if she can't treat you with dignity and respect, then you absolutley have the right to establish a boundary and tell her to forget it.

I would wait to see if she cancels your meet up on Thursday... if she does, I would say be blunt with her and tell her to forget it. But if she still wants to meet up, why not just go? Satisfy both of your curiosities and call it a day.

If you're really turned off and annoyed, just call her and cancel... no point in wasting both of your time.

Archived