Tuition and Loans

ghost69
How To Eliminate Student Loan Debt ...
How To Eliminate Student Loan Debt ASAP

i was checking my status online for next semester and see if there were any other classes i could take. i noticed my account was locked and was told to call this collections number. collections number? wth? says i owe this crazy amount to the school. huh? i only claimed one semester and it was 1/3 the cost they want. how could this amount even be?

so the girl on the line says my financial aid was reversed for some reason but it has no notes. also, on my online account it shows all the money is there and i was approved. i also received the little excess in bank account last semester to pay for books and what not. so my next semester money is still there on account too and pending. i have no idea how this could be. i wonder if anybody else is going through this as i've been on hold forever and in line behind a bunch of others.

anyways, i'm not really sure what could have happened here, but if it's the case financial aid was reversed, isn't that illegal without informing me? is reversing financial aid even possible after the student accepting payment of it and has receipts of classes being paid? boggles me.

Is it a strafford loan... i have heard of some loans being pulled because of the credit crisis, and banks couldnt loan it out... because each loan is giving out by different banks so this might effect the money being recieved..

but either way the federal government would back it up... must be a typo...

link removed

Maybe you can get some info from this site?

that wouldn't apply to me on that 30 day thing. i'm taking the summer off and the loans are well over 30 days apart.

mousty, basic loans through the school. i think stafford is correct as bmw said. unsubsidized and subsidized. but i only accepted enough for 2 classes. says i'm unpaid for around 4 classes. haha. someone is in trouble over there. the messed somewhere.

that wouldn't apply to me on that 30 day thing. i'm taking the summer off and the loans are well over 30 days apart.

mousty, basic loans through the school. i think stafford is correct as bmw said. unsubsidized and subsidized. but i only accepted enough for 2 classes. says i'm unpaid for around 4 classes. haha. someone is in trouble over there. the messed somewhere.

Hmmm....

Stupid student loan people.....

Ghost, talk to someone in the financial aid dept. at your school. Do it in person and bring a print-out of what you see online. There's obviously been some sort of error. They need to fix it quickly so it doesn't affect your credit rating and so you can continue to get loans. It might help if the person in your financial aid dept. calls the collections agency to explain the error.

apparently it's some clearing thing for the end of the year account dispersments and will be gone in a few days. i will keep an eye on that. huh, don't mess with ghost.

i just hate having to be on the phone in a loop finding this out.

Archived