The Offer of a Physical Relationship: Don't Take It

The Wheel

For those that might struggle with the offer. A relationship has ended, but there are still lingering feelings and an attraction between the two parties. One might extend the prospect of a no-strings physical relationship. It is understandably tempting for both, and this may seem obvious, but do not take him or her up on it.

The body will be familiar, but the intimacy between you two will have changed. What tenderness you might feel will kindle false hope, and when things come to their final conclusion it will cut all the deeper. Sex is an important part of a relationship, but it can't save it.

Recently, a girl that ended things with me put this out there as part of an attempt to keep me in her life as well as in the bedroom. I declined. It wasn't what I wanted from her. I deserve better than that.

So do you.

i agree wheel. i probably wouldn't have been as brave as you to decline, but i agree that it is the right thing, particularly if there is still hope in your heart and head.

Interesting though, it's not usually the girl who initiates that type of offer in my experience. I have usually found that when a girl has lost her feelings for a relationship, so too does her desire to have sex with that person.

Archived