What was the moment......

It was just recently. I just wrote about it.

What clicked is that I was lied to for a good part of our relationship. Not only that, but I was made to sound like I was the crazy one, when my suspicions were correct all along. I only find this out after a year.

Plus, the fact that he didn't really know he wanted ME, after so long.

I can't be with someone like that.

or thought that clicked in your mind that gave you the strength to walk away from someone for good?

When I officially caught her in a lie; when I officially realized she is a drama fiend; when I officially felt sick of her. When all of that was official, I was officially done with her.=/

wow! Why did he call you that?

Was this the one with the kids?

When I was pregnant with my son, the doctors confirmed that my son would not live so I told the doctors not to perform any heroic measures and he passed an hour after birth. This was 20 years ago. He said it to be cruel, so I left him.

When I was pregnant with my son, the doctors confirmed that my son would not live so I told the doctors not to perform any heroic measures and he passed an hour after birth. This was 20 years ago. He said it to be cruel, so I left him.

that's so sad. Sorry you lost a child, but I think you made the right choice.

Your ex may have not been mature enough to handle that

or thought that clicked in your mind that gave you the strength to walk away from someone for good?

Thought, "Why in hell am I standing here letting him lecture me like I'm some little kid? This is stupid and I don't have to put up with this".

When my ex started seeing his ex girlfriend, which I suspected but, couldn't prove, told me that "it was all my imagination." She ended up pregnant with his child, he later dumped her, and begged me to go back to him. I told him that "he made his bed, now he can sleep in it."

18 years of child support for 15 minutes of fun...too little, too late.

When my ex started seeing his ex girlfriend, which I suspected but, couldn't prove, told me that "it was all my imagination." She ended up pregnant with his child, he later dumped her, and begged me to go back to him. I told him that "he made his bed, now he can sleep in it."

ugh, that's a big one

*sick to stomach* sometimes reading all of this stuff makes me not want to be in a relationship ever again.

Op, Im still working on this, but I think Im done this time. He called me the "stupidest * * * * * hes ever met" and I have all these probs. However, he fails to realize anything hes ever done wrong, everything is my fault. So yea, thats what made me walk away, for the millionth time.

That's the worst part about someone lying to you!

When I felt I was putting more into "us", and she couldn't even keep her word when it came to a phonecall. (LDR) Or when she told me I wasn't man enough. Perhaps also when I was told that no matter what I do, I had to be approved by somebody outside the relationship. It felt that no matter what I did (and I was a very good boyfriend), it wouldn't count.

The biggest thing was seeing my friends and family sit me down, and tell me they were worried for my health, even if she wasn't. But I made the choice to walk away and I somtimes wonder where the strength came from....I think it came from my unwillingness to be treated like a toy.

*sick to stomach* sometimes reading all of this stuff makes me not want to be in a relationship ever again.

Op, Im still working on this, but I think Im done this time. He called me the "stupidest * * * * * hes ever met" and I have all these probs. However, he fails to realize anything hes ever done wrong, everything is my fault. So yea, thats what made me walk away, for the millionth time.

sounds like me to a "t"

When I felt I was putting more into "us", and she couldn't even keep her word when it came to a phonecall. (LDR) Or when she told me I wasn't man enough. Perhaps also when I was told that no matter what I do, I had to be approved by somebody outside the relationship. It felt that no matter what I did (and I was a very good boyfriend), it wouldn't count.

The biggest thing was seeing my friends and family sit me down, and tell me they were worried for my health, even if she wasn't. But I made the choice to walk away and I somtimes wonder where the strength came from....I think it came from my unwillingness to be treated like a toy.

that's awesome. You have good friends and family

This set of what I thought were "throwaway" lines when I was writing about my alcoholic ex in my journal: "I met (the alcoholic) # years ago this week. I have spent half the time I have known him trying to remove him from my life. I don't think I want to be sitting here next year writing, 'I met (the alcoholic) #+1 years ago this week. I have spent 2/3 of the time I have known him trying to remove him from my life.'"

This set of what I thought were "throwaway" lines when I was writing about my alcoholic ex in my journal: "I met (the alcoholic) # years ago this week. I have spent half the time I have known him trying to remove him from my life. I don't think I want to be sitting here next year writing, 'I met (the alcoholic) #+1 years ago this week. I have spent 2/3 of the time I have known him trying to remove him from my life.'"

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I got goosebumps!

15 minutes ago, when I saw the e-mail I sent him deleted and unread instantly upon receipt (it wasn't even about us). I knew that it was over. The person I loved is dead. I am alone again, so it's time to rebuild stronger, better and definitely hotter, than before. I walked away almost three weeks ago, but I now I know it's for good and I can give up all hopes of reconciliation in the future. Now, all I need to figure out is how to stop my eyes from leaking.

Archived