Asked me to call, but won't return calls

jaycee00

Yeah, met this girl on my dragon boat team, seemed to get along well. I went jogging with her and things went well again, got to talk, share a bunch of personal stuff. Told me at the end to call her so we can do it again. I call a week later...she's too busy, said she'd call me. (At the time, she works nights/weekends, i work days, and she quit the team). Fine...wait a week, my schedule changes and I let her know on facebook. No answer, call the next day, not home (she has no cell) and doesn't return this call.

I don't get it at all...I mean at all. I would be so satisfied if she would just return a call and tell me something...but nothing. I mean not even the friends talk, I would've loved to be friends, but nothing.

It's easier for a lot of girls to signal they're 'not interested' by just ignoring the attention. Maybe another guy came along that really interested her, etc. The bottom line is that she doesn't want to continue any kind of relationship, either platonic or romantic. Doesn't (and shouldn't) matter what her reason is - these situations are the kind where you just take it at face value - it is what it is. It's just like getting rejected immediately when you ask for a number - you suck it up and move on, and don't waste time trying to figure out what went wrong.

what is a dragon boat team?

People change their minds about this type of stuff all the time. Rather then return the phone call, a lot of people just don't bother...thinking it sends a clear enough message they are not interested.

You should take that message....forget about her...and if she ends up calling, great. But don't wait around for that to happen and don't keep calling her.

Damn...this really sucks...but I know you guys are completely right. I really wanted to be friends at least because I'm trying to change my circle of friends towards people who influence me towards growth.

I will take the consensus and focus on other things. Thanks guys.

Btw dragon boat is a 20 person water sport...basically 20 paddlers in a gigantic boat racing.

Archived