What did he mean by this?

Puma

I've been with my current boyfriend for about two months now, and we've held hands in public a few times (which he's initiated). However, yesterday while walking along some shops on the street I grabbed his hand and all of a sudden he said, "Oh so now we hold hands in public?" with a bit of a smirk on his face. I jokingly shot back saying, "What, you don't want me to?" while letting go, smirking back. His response was something along the lines of "feeling vulnerable". Even though it was all said somewhat lightheartedly we continued to hold but I let go after a few seconds of thought and feeling uncomfortable. I don't get it... just a couple days before that he didn't mind doing it when we went out.

So what do you guys think? These past couple of weeks I've been pretty emotional and stressed out, so it's possible that I'm making a mountain out of an anthill. I was thinking about casually addressing it next time we talk but I'm not even sure if it's that big a deal. But knowing myself, I most likely will.

I used to be quite shy about it, but that was when I was 14 or 15. Not sure about now though cause ever since I've never had a gf. Perhaps it was more of a joke. Why don't you try to hold his hand in public again to see his reaction again.

Or it could be because he doesn't want people to know he has a gf (and it's not necessarily a bad thing). I myself quite like the private life. I don't want people probing me about my gf.

When my ex and I were on the downslopes of our relationship, she wouldn't hold hands in public, or if I initiated it, she'd try to subtly slip her hands away after a brief moment (and I noticed). If yours were a longer relationship, I'd be worried. But only after two months, it might be nothing but sarcasm.

Archived