Problems with my younger brother

TechFlash

Hi, I'm 15 years old teenager and am having some problems with 14-year-old little brother. Usually we're pretty close and get along well, but for some strange reason things have gotten weird between us. You see, my brother really likes to tease me and goof around with me (I.E. "John you're gay" or "John, shutup") just for no reason. Now, I in no way take this personally, I used to but I don't anymore. I know he still loves me and that his comments in no way affect our relationship.

HOWEVER, it seems like whenever I crack a joke with him, he seems to have a problem with it. I'll do the same thing he does to me, say something like "Jeff, you REALLY suck at this game, I don't know anyone who sucks like you do." I'm really just kidding, but my brother seems to not take kindly to it when I do it. He'll be like "John whats your problem? Everything was fine until you came in the room, get lost." and I'll ask him if he's being serious, and he is. He seems to not like it when I mess around with HIM, its like he thinks he's better than me and he gets to do that.

I've talked about it with my parents, and they say its just his own immaturity and he'll eventually grow out of it. But I really don't know. My 17-year-old older brother and I seem recently to be having a very close relationship, he'll crack a joke and I'll crack a joke and we'll make each other laugh like brothers do. We get along a lot better.

I just don't know why my little brother is doing this, whether its his own immaturity or what. I've tried to talk to him about this but he won't listen, or he'll say I'M the one who's being a jerk.

Any advice would help.

There is actually a big difference between being 14 and being 17. A lot of maturing happens in those three years.

My brother and I are about 18 months apart. We used to fight constantly when we were kids. It wasn't until he was 17 and I was 19 where we actually got along regularly and then became quite close.

Try not to take his comments too personally. I know it can hurt but a lot of what he says is just kid stuff coming out. It will change in the next couple of years.

Don't take it personally..as due to age diff..he think he knows more than you..and he is better than you..Just show your cool behaviors for some time, and if even after that you experience this..talk to him or your parents about this..that he is always annoying me..

Good Morning Brother Quotes
Good Morning Brother Quotes

Archived