Relationship with no Sex?

Failure

Hi,

I'm not going to go in to specifics here, but I just want to get the general idea of other people. If you were madly in love with someone, and you were happily in a relationship with them, would it matter to you if they didn't want to have sex? Would this be a reason to leave that person.

I'm just wondering because I'm not such a great fan of sex myself, but I love being in a relationship..

Hi,

I'm not going to go in to specifics here, but I just want to get the general idea of other people. If you were madly in love with someone, and you were happily in a relationship with them, would it matter to you if they didn't want to have sex? Would this be a reason to leave that person.

I'm just wondering because I'm not such a great fan of sex myself, but I love being in a relationship..

Are you my boyfriend? LOL

My boyfriend and I don't have sex. Am I frustrated? Yeah sometimes but I'm learning to deal without it because he is who I want to be with right now. He does try to please me in other ways.

I think my boyfriends lack of interest in sex is because he has some ED issues but that isn't reason enough for me to leave him.

I could do this.

But it also depends on what you mean by "sex."

Is intimate touching out, too? Lots of kissing and hugging? Foreplay?

I can spend a whole afternoon with sensual stuff that isn't "sex", and feel awesome.

But I don't think I could be happy without kissing.

Nope, nothing, no intimacy, no making out. Most I'd say would be a hug..

No....I need some kind of intimacy.....Were not having sex but I do enjoy the making out, the cuddling, the oral...

I think I would feel empty without some kind of affection.

Sex is important to me. Its different for everyone though. My ex g/f didnt like to have sex more than once a week, or rather once every other week. That ultimately made me frustrated and concerned about our relationship, but i was too immature to realize she loved me but wasnt a very intimate person. And that ruined the relationship.

Me and my current g/f are more on the same page, few times a week is plenty for me, and its important in a relationship that your both on the same page.

in health class i was taught that passion (sexytime) was one of the 3 things required in the "triangle of love" the other two being intimacy (closeness and understanding) and friendship....i dont know if i can agree with that because im not sexually active yet, but i like to think that sex IS an important part of all relationships

Intimacy, and sex, are both required for me. Sex doesn't have to happen right away (Within a few months), but intimacy has to be pretty constant when the feelings are known for me to be content. Kissing, hugging, cuddling - all part of it. If things get taken to steps before sex, even better.

I never truly enjoyed sex with my ex, I thought sex was boring. Then I met my current partner and now I couldnt be without it, its such a combination of love and passion and yes my relationships not perfect but Its good to have a good sex life.

I wouldnt be able to live without it as I have a high sex drive, I've tried before I ended up feeling unwanted and insecure.

If you were madly in love with someone, and you were happily in a relationship with them, would it matter to you if they didn't want to have sex? Would this be a reason to leave that person.

Yes it would matter, but so would the reason behind it, no I wouldn't leave.

Here is why, the operative words here are madly in love....when you love someone, over time, you love them for a deeper reason than sex, yes sex matters, it's important, but the love overrides all of that, and you want to be with that person no matter what..that's what happens in marriage...things change over time you don't know it will change, you don't anticipate it, but it can and does, so in the end all you have is the love, and if you are madly in love, than it's worth staying for and adapting to the changes instead of leaving because of them....

I should add something, none of this works if only one person is madly in love, it takes two people feeling this way to make it work...

Maybe it's not a romantic relationship that I'm looking for then, maybe it's just friendship or companionship.

There are assexual people out there who aren't so keen on sex.

They can have relationships.

Do you not like ANY sex at all? Or very little?

Was it a problem in your last relationship?

It would matter to me if my guy didn't want to have sex. But to some women it would not, if they also didn't like sex much.

There are assexual people out there who aren't so keen on sex.

They can have relationships.

Do you not like ANY sex at all? Or very little?

Was it a problem in your last relationship?

It would matter to me if my guy didn't want to have sex. But to some women it would not, if they also didn't like sex much.

I just don't see the big deal of it. I don't think it was a problem in my last relationship, we had sex about once a week, but we have now split due to other reasons.

Sex was never too great with her, maybe it would be different with someone else, I don't know. I'm just not a fan on getting intimate

Archived