Almost success and then rejection!

Bane17

My ex and I have a child and split on 1st March as she left me for someone else. For the first month or two I was begging and pleading to get her back. Fair to say she got fed up of me and I pushed her further away.

For the most of May I have had very limited contact with her and was mainly her contacting me about our son. I went out the weekend before last and ended up losing my phone. She was unable to get hold of me for a few days and the next time I saw her it's fair to say she wanted me!

She was talking about "us" and how she still loves and misses me but doesn't want to rush anything, this is till whilst she has a boyfriend. Whilst my son was in bed we would lay on the sofa cuddling like a couple and talk about getting back together. It looked extremely promising.

Having just spoke to her now tho, she told her Mum how she felt and they had a lil talk. She told me that she doesn't believe we'd be able to get over our previous problems (me not showing her enough attention and her and my family not getting on).

I told her the past is the past for a reason and we would look tothe future and work through any problems. She seems to be set that we wouldn't work tho

Can't believe after getting over her and rarely thinking of her, she dragged me back in to do this to me all over again! It's horrible and feels like we split all over again...rejection!

/rant

Just like my ex. The moment I am fine, accepting.. He does some little thing to get me going... When I start believing, he says "I can't do it right now". They just want what they can't have. Sorry to hear. You were getting a bit better, you will be ok! Keep strong

Yeah, when I was leaving I said "Is that your decision then?" and she replied "Yes!" and then said let me know when you next want to come round. I told her it wouldn't be for a while as I wouldn't be in touch, she kinda took a step back and was a bit shocked and said "Oh...ok!" at which point I walked out.

My best advice is to try and focus on the big picture. I would step back a little bit and remember, us women think OUT LOUD. We vocalize our fears, and worries and talk things out LOUD! Men tend to (please excuse the generalization) think something through before saying it. She is obviously a little phobic about things, maybe you can ask her what it would take to calm her fears some. Best wishes to you and keep your head up!

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived