As this span of NC lengthens and my ex not contacting me, I want so much to contact him. The last time we broke up, I called him the next day and went to see him. We got back together the following week. I can't shake this feeling, because I still love him so much and I'm not sure if NC is the best thing to be doing.

I want to let go of him, but I am unable to bring myself to do so. I know that even if we get back together now, his cult still stands between us. However, I'm worried that if I disappear from his life, he'll never snap out of it, or if he does snap out of it, he'll be too afraid to contact me. I'm afraid he'll think I hate him and want nothing to do with him.

I guess what I want to do is move on, but be able to leave the door open. I'm not sure if that is possible. My lack of direction is causing me a lot of grief.

I'm in a similar situation. My girlfriend just broke up with me and I've done nothing but try to get her back in the past week. I'm definitly have trouble letting go as I am still so much in love with her.

Problem is, I think she has accepted that she doesn't want to be with me, even though she still loves me. The only thing I can say about the situation is that I feel that too much contact is probably hurting it even more. In my situation, my ex told me that I'm just making things harder and that she wouldn't talk to me anymore if I kept pushing it.

The best thing is to move on, as hard as it is. I, too, want to leave the door open, but that's a decision our ex will have to make as well. We need to accept it now and focus on ourselves, and if in the future, if the time is right, who knows what can happen. I'm just trying to focus on things day by day right now.

Archived