I hope this doesn't backfire - advice?

Today I canceled my Myspace page (I didn't use it anyway) and then I panicked thinking about my EX, "He's going to see it and think that I want him gone forever and then he will give up on me." Though I am hoping (sadly) that he sees that and thinks, "Oh crap, she really is moving on, what the hell did I do?" But I guess there is no way of knowing.

I want him to come back when he grows up (emotionally but I am so afriad of him forgetting about me even though our last convo he said he is in love with me and wants to be with me.

I just want to know I did the right thing and that this isnt going to backfire.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but even though we want to have hopes that our ex's will "see the light" someday and come back to us, the fact is, all we have is the here and now. You should not be doing anything to try and cause a response from him. I know it's tough, but you have to move ahead and not be waiting for him. I think it is wise to delete ex's off myspace and maybe even our own pages if we think we can't stop ourselves from "checking up" on our ex's. So in that sense, it's good that you aren't on there and wondering. There are a lot of other people on here that will tell you the same thing...the purpose of not contacting our ex's is not to manipulate them into coming back to us, it's to try to get us to grieve the loss of the relationship and move on.

A few points here. If you want to be with him and he wants to be with you they why are you not together?

If you have broken up and think he is immature, why wait around hoping he comes back for you? I'm sure there are thousands of other guys you could be with, why waste your time with one that isn't working for you?

As for something as small as deleting your Myspace .... if that ruins any potential of getting back in a relationship with this guy. Then it is not a relationship worth having!

My Ex said he wants to be with me and is still in love with me but he said he's also an unhappy person. When I say grow up I guess I should reword that and say he needs to get his life together because right now he's in a self loathing place. He says he doesn't want to love or be loved. We were together for almost 4 years and the first 3 he was great, but it seems like sense we both moved to another city he's been struggling. Also we broke up before back in October because we were fighting a lot over non issues. After he broke up with me then he hasn't really been able to get on his feet - so when we reconciled I knew he wasn't ready and honestly either was I but we both wanted to be together so badly it wasn't really a surprise that it ended again because neither of us was healthy.

I don't think deleting my page would ruin my chances I just panicked becuase I don't want to let go of him.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived