What do you think he was feeling/thinking when he dumped me?

stranded247

My boyfriend broke up with me in person last weekend, as I cried he started to cry. His reasons for breaking with me were that: 'we weren't going anywhere', 'he didn't feel like we were a couple/together', 'we never did anything together other than have sex', 'didn't love me any more' etc. But when I started to get really sad and cry, he started to cry too and he said he wanted to be friends but I told him I couldn't be friends-it was all or nothing. I'd never seen him cry before in our entire relationship so it was strange.

And he begged me saying he'd wait forever until I stopped hating him so we could be friends. I told him it wasn't going to happen like that. And he said he was so sad that it had to end this badly. In the past he'd always told me how just the thought of breaking up with me made him really sad and about three weeks before he broke up with me he told me that he 'loved me more than anything in the world'. And then I said to him 'ok I get it, there is no point in trying to convince you that we can work things out, you've made up your mind, fair enough'. So I walked away crying and he called out for me to come back, and he was crying too and he just said that he wished me luck in my exams and that he was sorry. And then I walked away and he just stood there watching me and when I turned back he was still watching me and I wanted more than anything in the world to run back to him and hug him but I didn't. But I don't get what he was thinking, my friend who is a guy said that it was obvious he cared but him being so young-he was emotionally insecure and unsure of how he felt. He's only 16 and I was his first girlfriend and his first for everything in terms of experience, I've been on NC for 7 days now.

I want him back so badly.

Just keep doing NC. Cry as long as you can and as hard as you can until they run dry and you can't anymore. Then get support from friends and families. Hang out with them, try and have fun with them. Write him an angry letter, and burn it. Eat ice cream out of the carton. Take a walk in the rain and cry a little if you can, crying is good for you!

It'll take more than a few months to get your ex out of your system, but you will overcome this. It gets easier everyday, I promise.

It seems like it. But he really had made his mind up, no matter how upset you and he were going to be. Go NC honey, I know you thought he was mature but sometimes 16 just isn't old enough to be ready to take a relationship to a more serious level.

Fill your time with work, school, friends, family and take care.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived