help!! zoloft + alcohol

i just increased my dosage of zoloft (an antidepressant) to 100mg. i recently started taking it again and have not mixed alcohol with it. but last night i went out for a friends birthday party and drank a bit. i know that's not advised, but it happened. any ways, this morning i woke up with what looks like hives and mosquito bites. i am SO itchy and my eyes and even ears are swollen. i'm pretty sure it is from mixing alcohol and zoloft, i can't really think of any thing else. has any one else had this happen to them with anti depressants?

Avoid alcohol it is a depressant; it cancels out the advantages of the anti depressant. If you drink alcohol there is no point taking the meds.

That doesn't sound like a side effect; more like an allergic reaction to something else. I'm not a doctor though.

That doesn't sound good. Get that checked out ASAP.

When I was on Lamictal, they said if I developed a rash or a swollen throat that it was a deadly allergic reaction. I have no idea about Zoloft, but if you're having a reaction, go to a walk-in clinic and get it checked out.

ommmgggg it's gotten SO much worse!! benadryl isn't working. it's 10pm now and i guess i will have to wait and see a doctor tomorrow morning at 8am. are hives known for causing trouble breathing? has any one tried an over the counter medicine to treat them?

Caramel Apple Vodka – Special Rec...
Caramel Apple Vodka – Special Recipe You Need To Know! (2021)

Archived