Need help!! How do I clean up cat pee to remove smell?

ionitopsmup

Sorry this might be off topic.

My cat is getting old and peeing everywhere. grrrr!

I need to remove cat pee odor from a carpet. Does anyone no a good product or household remedy to remove cat pee from carpet?

thanks in advance.

mike

Use white vinegar. Get a big gallon jug from Wal-Mart or somewhere (costs about $1.75, way cheaper than the cat cleaners at the pet store, which DON'T work!)

It must be WHITE/CLEAR or it will stain! Pour the vinegar on the carpet in the area of the stain. Use white towels or strong white paper towels to blot it up (unless you have black carpet in which case it doesn't matter about white towels). Blot/wipe it up until it's still damp but not soaked. It will stink like vinegar for a little while (maybe a day or so) but when it dries, it should be clean.

When it does, you can pour some baking soda over it and let it sit for a few hours, then vacuum up.

My carpet is nearly white & this is how I clean ALL the cat stains. Works wonders!

Dont use anything on it. Go to petsmart or Petco and get Simple Solutions Cat Odor neutralizer. It's about $10 and it is great stuff. I've had some accidents over the years and this is the only thing that i use. I've used it on clothes, bed linens, comforters, curtains, carpets, sofas, you name it. It is great for upholstery!! I find that the Nature's Miracle is great for hard surfaces like hardwood floors.

when my cat was sick .. he had a peeing issue..and i mean peeing ISSUE..... i tried everything ..and i mean everything... the miracle stuff, vinegar, the ONLY thing that got the smell out completely was bleach.... and i know you can't use that on all surfaces... but the second best thing was the white vinegar.

they reccomend not using bleach- but if you only use it once in a while... i don't see the harm.

Dont use anything on it. Go to petsmart or Petco and get Simple Solutions Cat Odor neutralizer. It's about $10 and it is great stuff. I've had some accidents over the years and this is the only thing that i use. I've used it on clothes, bed linens, comforters, curtains, carpets, sofas, you name it. It is great for upholstery!! I find that the Nature's Miracle is great for hard surfaces like hardwood floors.

natures miracle did NOTHING for my heard wood floors... i never used thesimple solutions stuff... i'll have to check that out because when my cat was sick he seemed to like to pee in the hallway by the entrance and when its a hot humid day - i can smell cat urine- so i'm going to try that stuff out and see if it works.

natures miracle did NOTHING for my heard wood floors... i never used thesimple solutions stuff... i'll have to check that out because when my cat was sick he seemed to like to pee in the hallway by the entrance and when its a hot humid day - i can smell cat urine- so i'm going to try that stuff out and see if it works.

Yeah I wouldn't think Nature's Miracle would work on hardwood. I've used on carpet though with great success. I soak the whole thing all the way down through the pad and subfloor to let the enzymes work.

It works best when you've used NOTHING else on the stain/smell. I learned this the hard way. It still works, but sometimes the chemicals in others cleaners make it less effective. This stuff gets the smell out. Just soak up as much of the pee as you can, then soak it with teh Simple Solutions stuff, let it set for a few minutes and then put a towel over the stain and start soaking it up. IT works great for cat puke, blood stains, mud stains, everything. Our carpets are a very very light tan. So, we use this stuff all the time. IT's great!

Archived