I got stood up and wondering what to do now

clobsy

and bad at time management.

Besides, he likes her, and they have ALREADY gone on two lunches together.

If she did not like him at all, she would not have even gone out to lunch with him.

I say give her another chance. you might want to drop an e-mail you were disappointed you two did not get to go walking.

At least that way she knows you were a bit hurt by it, and can be sure to NOT do that type of thing again. IF she does it again, then that sets more of a pattern, but do not paint her as some kind of witch just cuz she forgot about the walk.

i have a feeling that she might have assumed that it was at 3pm.... when we went for the second lunch we had planned at 12:15. but she was surprised to see me at 12:15 because she thought 1:15... but she still came out with me...

i do not know anything about her... she is really sweet... otherwise i wouldn't consider dating her.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no one is painting her as a witch, but it is not a good sign if she is not excited enough as he is about her to remember it. i mean, he had been looking forward to the walk for a week, contemplating a date, etc, etc, and she blew him off.

I think he deserves to date someone that is looking forward to spending time with him and it doesn't look like she does, it's like he is an afterthought.

All of the things that you describe (going for lunch, outside the company, making up for the mistake of mixed up times, being polite/ well spoken, having a good memory) - I would do for nearly anyone, regardless if I had a romantic interest in them or not.

All I am trying to say: just because some women do not possess some manners, doesn't mean that anyone displaying some manners will automatically equal that they are interested in you.

You asked me why I said she is sweet and I gave the reasons why I thought she is sweet. I did NOT say that she was interested in me because she agreed for lunch while the others did not.

You say you would do certain things for anyone.... do you also allow guys that work with you to come over to your cubicle and touch your hair and thighs?

Okay, I just finished reading the last few pages. Sorry, I;m sorry you are going thru this kind of thing.

I am kind of going thru a simliar thing. I met up with this guy. I had met him before and we hung out, actually for HOURS, and then he wanted to come over to my place, and I was not able to invite him, cuz I did not feel well and was expecting someone to come over for repairs early in the am.

well, I saw him again last week, he called me like REALLY LATE, like 11:30 pm on Friday and I was just THINKING of coming down to the club, and so I did, when he called.

And NOW, I am starting to even wonder if he is into me too. He keeps ALSO mentioning Ex;s, and I find it a bit disrespectful and rather annoying, yet, he has yet to ask me out for a proper date but we have hung out TWICE now for several hours at a time and he seems to enjoy my company.

But... now it is Monday evening and I have YET to even hear from him, so I am wonder if I am just projecting my feelings of hurt and rejection and hoping things will not come out better for the OP here.

Does it mean, when someone mentions their Ex;s that they are really NOT serious about you? If that is true, then I am bummed out too, cuz he really seemed to like me there for awhile.

Oh, well, I can never win for losing. He also did mention a girl he had been dating while we were hangin out on Friday nite. It sure did not sound like it was going well. It sounded like she was really treating him badly, but he still seemed a bit interested in her.

Maybe I would be best just to NOT leave the house (sigh)....

I do agree with what you have said here. To be honest I was getting excellent response and vibes from her and I was positive that things are going to go well..... Until thursday afternoon!! What happened last thursday really has confused me a lot and as I have said, I no longer have the good feelings from thursday.

Why didn't you just ask her out to dinner when she came to your cubicle this last time? You went to two lunches and didn't ask her out and didn't get her number. How many times does a woman have to give you an opportunity to ask her out before she is allowed to stop? There was a chance you would have chickened out of asking her out on the walk, so it would have been a big waste of time for both of you anyway. Going to lunch and asking her to go on a walk may seem like you are showing interest, but from her perspective it doesn't mean anything. I think there was a spark there but you didn't stoke the fire soon enough and it burned out.

You say you would do certain things for anyone.... do you also allow guys that work with you to come over to your cubicle and touch your hair and thighs?

Depends how it was done and under which circumstances. I'm from a culture where we are a bit more physical in every day life with our friends (regardless of gender), but there is a huge difference between touch and touch of course.

Why didn't you just ask her out to dinner when she came to your cubicle this last time? You went to two lunches and didn't ask her out and didn't get her number. How many times does a woman have to give you an opportunity to ask her out before she is allowed to stop? There was a chance you would have chickened out of asking her out on the walk, so it would have been a big waste of time for both of you anyway. Going to lunch and asking her to go on a walk may seem like you are showing interest, but from her perspective it doesn't mean anything. I think there was a spark there but you didn't stoke the fire soon enough and it burned out.

WHAT??????

all the responses here are telling me that she is not interested and you are saying she is giving me chances??? i'm seriously confused... she actually took away the chance from me by blowing me off for the walk right? but you are saying how many chances she needs to give me? i'm confused. why do you think she blew me off like that in the first place?

WHAT??????

all the responses here are telling me that she is not interested and you are saying she is giving me chances??? i'm seriously confused... she actually took away the chance from me by blowing me off for the walk right? but you are saying how many chances she needs to give me? i'm confused. why do you think she blew me off like that in the first place?

I meant that if you asked her and she said "no" you could stop thinking about it. If she is leaving anyway in a few weeks then there should be less fear of rejection since you won't have to see her after that and have it be awkward.

I meant that if you asked her and she said "no" you could stop thinking about it. If she is leaving anyway in a few weeks then there should be less fear of rejection since you won't have to see her after that and have it be awkward.

yeah.. she said her last day is 15th.... i was all set to ask her out during the walk but had no idea that she was gonna blow me off like she did..

i STILL want to ask her out and find out whatz the deal..

i have made up my mind. i am going to ask out my co-worker cutie tomorrow for a movie.. yep... i don't mind if she rejects me. i wud rather get my answer and know where i stand than to live forever in contemplation and regret. i decided for movie instead of dinner because dinner sounds way too romantic and i don't think its a good choice given that she most likely has ended her relationship with her ex this week.

Archived