I got stood up and wondering what to do now

clobsy

Me and this girl had planned to go on a walk on a mini-trail today at 2pm... we work in the same company... we had planned this last week...

Today i didn't see her at office... and I got the below email at 2:45pm.. I am a bit bummed and wondering if I should even reply to this email.. and honestly I don't know what to say... any suggestions?

Hi x,

I worked from home today but hopefully next week we can go walking. I'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks,

x

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rude.

Don't say anything to her. And don't ask her out again.

hmm... you think it is rude? just want to let you know that this is not an official date. i was planning to officially ask her out during the walk (remember my other 2 threads?)

i would go no contact. she was late telling you what was up, but technically she still did blow you off.

thx ghost..

plz see my reply to Mutley.. this was not an official date...

what should i do now? just keep quiet?

hmm... you think it is rude? just want to let you know that this is not an official date. i was planning to officially ask her out during the walk (remember my other 2 threads?)

Yes, I still thinks it's rude.

thx ghost..

plz see my reply to Mutley.. this was not an official date...

what should i do now? just keep quiet?

well, it wasn't an official date, it was just a casual walk. but she explained 45 minutes too late. f that.

well, it wasn't an official date, it was just a casual walk. but she explained 45 minutes too late. f that.

yea.. that's why i am a tad pissed off...

ok.. i haven't replied to her email.... should i? and what if tomorrow she stops by and asks me for the walk next week?

ok.. i haven't replied to her email.... should i? and what if tomorrow she stops by and asks me for the walk next week?

i'd tell her yeah and not show up. i wouldn't reply to her email.

really? you would write her off just because of this one thing? i am surprised.

You will save yourself alot of confusion and heartbreak if you absorb this simple lesson right now.

Took me 2 decades of floundering until I realized this. You can cut to the chase.

When you set a specific time to do something with someone....

and they totally blow you off like this...yeah, that qualifies as being stood up like for a date!

Totally rude and inconsiderate. If I were you, I'd express to her how you feel and that it was disrespectful.

I totally agree.

Maybe I would give someone ONE more chance to not stand me up again, but I certainly wouldn't give more than three. And I have ditched a friendship over being stood up once, because there were other red flags w/the girl. I don't regret it one bit. From what I've heard from others who are still friends with her, she's a train wreck.

You will save yourself alot of confusion and heartbreak if you absorb this simple lesson right now.

Took me 2 decades of floundering until I realized this. You can cut to the chase.

you barely know her right? not a good first impression on me right off the bat.

yea... we went for 2 lunches and planned to walk on the trail today at 2pm... i was planning to ask her out for dinner during the walk.... but as you can see nothing happened since she did not come to office....

but i have to say that i like her and am very reluctant to just write her off because of this one thing... she is a bit forgetful.. when we went for the second lunch i said i will stop by her cubicle at 12:15 but she thought 1:15... but she still dropped what was she doing and came with me...

i don't know... i am confused now

Even if it wasn't an official date, there are still certain ways for people to act - how to treat other people. Leaving it so late in the day was pretty darn lame and rude and I personally wouldn't have anything more to do with her.

Come on - it has never been easier to communicate with one another, so a simple text or call earlier in the day would have been no problem, surely?

Whatcha going to do?

i think she should have emailed you that morning to let you know she was going to be working from home. i know if i had a 'walk' scheduled with a guy i was really into, i'd be totally excited to be at work that day. or if i had to work from home, i'd probably write him at like 8 AM, asking to reschedule, and then suggesting a day next week.

i'd just write back something like, 'too bad you missed it, today was a nice day!' and then put the ball in her court to suggest another time to get together.

i know if i had a 'walk' scheduled with a guy i was really into, i'd be totally excited to be at work that day. or if i had to work from home, i'd probably write him at like 8 AM, asking to reschedule, and then suggesting a day next week.

then she is not into me..... so if i had asked her out she would have rejected me any way?

Even if it wasn't an official date, there are still certain ways for people to act - how to treat other people. Leaving it so late in the day was pretty darn lame and rude and I personally wouldn't have anything more to do with her.

Come on - it has never been easier to communicate with one another, so a simple text or call earlier in the day would have been no problem, surely?

Whatcha going to do?

we don't have each others' phone numbers or personal emails.... we had just gone for lunch 2 times.... that was all.... she showed lot of interest for the walk scheduled today... i have no idea why she would do this now.... i was planning to ask her officially for dinner during the walk

then she is not into me..... so if i had asked her out she would have rejected me any way?

BINGO.

She might HAVE accepted....then stood you up for that date.

So you are lucky. You know now and you don't have to waste anymore time on her.

Archived