shaving "down there" question for ladies! need advice..

im sorry if this is graphic/too personal..but..

im 17 and neeed to really shave.."down there" but dont know how. im scared that if i use a regular razor ill get cuts like i cut my legs sometimes. ugh, its so annoying..and its somewhat else to shave the normal front part, but how do i do all the way underneath and in between my legs and all that ? its very difficult- i cant see myself using a razor to get all the way down there and every part. any adive? or instructions basically?

i also also just because of bathing suit problems, and also guyysssss hehe

Get a razor with three blades, like a Venus. You'll probably have to trim some of it so it can be fully removed. The only way to get all of it is to lift your leg up a bit, either resting it on the toilet or the side of your bath tub. You'll have to also feel 'down there' to make sure it's all gone. Get a mirror if necessary.

Yup you might have to trim it up a little bit down there first. Then get into a bath tub, swat and shave away - with a nice new ravor. I dont think I ever cut myself down there (thank god) but its not that difficult...seriously. I started when I was around 16...so you're a year up on me and I did fine. Just be careful

When I would shave my whole girl bits, I'd get awful razor burn and it itched like hell when growing back. I don't recommend shaving it at all. Shave your bikini area (I also shave the top portion of it, just b/c I don't like my pubes coming up too high) with a good moisturizing razor (I use the Intuition, which has a soap bar built in to it. The best I find that works is the one with aloe in it). I never ever have bumps now, but I woudln't try to shave the whole area with it just b/c I don't like thte way bald looks and feels. If you do shave your whole area though, go very slowly and IN THE SAME DIRECTION as the hair. Know how when you shave your legs, you shave up, against the direction of the hair? Don't do that with your vag. That's when you'll get the worst razor burn. Shave in the direction it's going at the root after you trim it as short as you possibly can trim it. Go very slowly and use lots of moisturizing stuff. Be prepared though--it'll last only a couple days, and I woudln't be surprised if you had 5 o'clock shadow within a day.

After you wax, you will never look back.

It's smooth, soft and you can get stuff from your waxer to prevent ingrown hairs.

A good waxer will be quick and efficient and actually doesn't hurt that much at all.... if they know what they are doing. i have a good waxer who i hardly feel anything with....with shaving you can still get a tiny bit of stublle and it grows back right away.

Waxing is soooooo worth it....

^^^^ Oh yeah the bumps when its growing back in, HORRIBLE. And if you shave it bald your first time you might think it looks very strange, I did haha

lol me too. I felt naked or something the first time I shaved it bald. I honestly had no idea girls shaved it all down there until a bf at the time told me. LOL I was so innocent.O

I've been doing it since I was 13, so no. The first time I did it then, yes.

How much did it hurt the first time? And did they get EVERYTHING out? I'm asking because everytime I shave down there, I still have some hair left inside of the lips *ahem* of that region and I can't quite reach it ever!

How much did it hurt the first time? And did they get EVERYTHING out? I'm asking because everytime I shave down there, I still have some hair left inside of the lips *ahem* of that region and I can't quite reach it ever!

Well, I've always done it myself. The first time it hurt A LOT. I only had sparse 13 year old pubes, but I had tears streaming down my face. I imagine it would be worse for someone in their 20's to start. At first I was not able to get it all properly because it takes practice. I definitely recommend getting it done professionally and then once it doesn't hurt so much anymore trying it yourself. Much cheaper that way.

Well, I've always done it myself. The first time it hurt A LOT. I only had sparse 13 year old pubes, but I had tears streaming down my face. I imagine it would be worse for someone in their 20's to start. At first I was not able to get it all properly because it takes practice. I definitely recommend getting it done professionally and then once it doesn't hurt so much anymore trying it yourself. Much cheaper that way.

Haha thanks for the advice, I should try that.

How to Get Rid of Split Ends at Home
How to Get Rid of Split Ends at Home

Archived