Lost my friend

happyfrank

One of my friends for 12 years just had nervous breakdown. Here is the story. About 2 years ago. His gf of 7 years left him for some guy she knew in high school. After the break up he was going down hill. Lost his job, car. I really tired really hard to help him the last 2 years. All of his other friends left him because they don't care or want to help. He was about to get good job where my fiance works but he told the interviewer that his only bad habbit is that he goes late to work and he lost the opportunity. I told him to try looking for work at my job. He tired too hard, calling all the time and my company said no. He wants accounts payable type of work but he doesn't have the education to get that type of work. Well he told me that I was Harassing him and not helping. I went to visit him 1 week ago to see basketball game and he was crying. His father told me that he wasn't doing good. I want to visit my friend but I think its best to wait. I don't think my friend will ever be the same.

That's very sad, sounds like he's also sabotaging himself and your efforts to help, either because he doesn't feel like he deserves it or because he just gave up.

He needs professional help, I don't know if he's suicidal but at this point neither you nor his family can do much.

It's hard but you did everything you could.

• 3 months later...

Archived