• Make your bed
    • Exercise or stretch
    • Watch the news or read the paper
    • Prepare a hot breakfast
    • Leave the house with your hair still wet
    • Often skip the shower to save time
    • Spend 1/2 hour on hair and makeup
    • None of the above

Do you sleep in, skip breakfast, and leave a tornado of a mess behind? Do you wake up early and go for a jog, then come back home, make your bed, and watch the news?

What do your mornings look like?

Edit: Shoot, I made the poll in such a way that we can only select one option. darn these early mornings...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skipping showers....ew. Unless you take one at night. I still have to take a shower in the morning unless I dont wake up.

I am NOT a morning person. Even tho I wake up early I still hate it. Some days I am so tired I just lay down in the shower and sleep. haha

I wake up early (4:30), watch the news, skip the shower (although I do wash my hair in the morning). Takes me 45 mins to do hair / makeup/ get dressed because I leave the conditioner in about 30 mins. Cold breakfast. Stretch as I move around the house. Bed gets made only when I change the sheets. Don't drink coffee but have tea when I get to the office.

Holy smokes, 4:30! I get up at 5:30 and thought that was bad.

...overacheiver... lol

What time do you go to bed??

9pm if I can shut my thought processes down. Lately it's been close to 11 before I can drop off.

I start work by 6.

Wow, I would shoot myself if I hate to get up at 5am. lol

Edit: What kind of conditioner do you use? 30 mins every day? I only do a deep conditioner once a week. lol

I do it to keep my hair healthy. I use Pureology's moisturizing conditioner most of the time, although I alternate with Aveda's Damage Remedy now and then. I do a masque late Sunday afternoons usually. My hair is long and fine.

I wake up between 4:15 and 4:30, shower, get dressed and then walk the dog.

I'll usually start the coffee maker for my mom and make sure the babies are dry.

Leave the house at 5:30 stop and McDonald's and get my coffee and then get the bus to work. I'm at work by 5:50am.

Kinda boring routine...

I do it to keep my hair healthy. I use Pureology's moisturizing conditioner most of the time, although I alternate with Aveda's Damage Remedy now and then. I do a masque late Sunday afternoons usually. My hair is long and fine.

Ah, I see. My hair is curly. I straighten it a lot and thats why I deep condition it once a week. Otherwise, after dying it darker it puts moisture back in and keeps the frizzies down.

I wake up between 4:15 and 4:30, shower, get dressed and then walk the dog.

I'll usually start the coffee maker for my mom and make sure the babies are dry.

Leave the house at 5:30 stop and McDonald's and get my coffee and then get the bus to work. I'm at work by 5:50am.

Kinda boring routine...

Gawd that's brutal...4:15?

Wanna hear something gross? I'm often too lazy to blowdry my hair in the mornings so I'll go to bed with it wet, lift it up and away from my head on the pillow, and it's nice and poofy in the morning.

...gosh, my poor husband.

Wanna hear something gross? I'm often too lazy to blowdry my hair in the mornings so I'll go to bed with it wet, lift it up and away from my head on the pillow, and it's nice and poofy in the morning.

that's not gross to me...I USED to do that when my hair was a different style...nice and easy!

lol...i can't do that, I'll wake up with a sore throat. But man that would make my life easier!

When i think I'm making progress with my time, I will shower at night before bed, however my wet hair doesn't look poofy in the morning, it looks like a birds nest.......

Those are the days that I just throw it back in a ponytail.

Gawd that's brutal...4:15?

Yay! 15 minutes earlier than me

And I'm with metrogirl on the early waking and the middle of the night wakings (although I have been doing it to eat some nuts for some strange reason), can't fall asleep thing. Seems to be some sort of cycle I'm on.

I was up at 5AM every day the last few years until I was laid off. Now, I make a lot less money and my morning schedule varies. Admittedly, at first waking up to the sun was amazing! But now when I wake up to the sun, and my lazy roomate is also sleeping, I get this sense of doom...I have been trying to get a similar job like the one I had before.

I did that last night..haha. Its actually better for your hair cause your not putting extra heat.

Archived