How many of you drink alone?

Imprecision

A while ago, I was making offerings to my ancestors. I wanted to offer liquor, and so I bought several large bottles of rum and vodka. I placed the bottles on a shelf in my study, where I kept all religious items.

However, because the bottles were in such a conspicuous location - I see them everytime I get up for a drink of water - I was often tempted to drink a few sips. And so I did.

Right now, I'm drinking some rum and looking up rum recipes on the internet.

So, just curious, but

1. Do you drink alone?

2. What do you do when you drink alone?

3. Why do you drink alone?

4. What are your feelings about drinking alone?

4. Offer other relevant details.

1. Sure, every once in a while I will have a beer or a glass of wine on my own.

2. It's usually when my husband it out and I am going to watch some TV, or flip through a magazine or talk on the phone with my mom or a girlfriend.

3. Just to unwind and relax.

4. I think it's fine if it isn't a habit or you aren't sitting around getting drunk on your own.

1. sometimes (being maybe once every few months)

2. i usually just drink a few beers. sometimes ill sit out at the lake nearby or ill just do computer stuff

3. i drink alone because....i want to? lol i am not sure. i think sometimes its because a few ice cold beers just sound/feel really good.

4. i think that drinking alone can go downhill really fast - one might find themselves becoming an alcoholic. once in a while its cool though.

1. I used to

2. I watch TV or, is i was in my room. i didn't do much... i was depressed

3. I drank alone because i was depressed. i couldn't face reality, nor my emotional pain, so i used alcohol to numb everything... to be disconnected

4. its a sign that something is not going right in your life.... you need something to make you feel good, it becomes a crutch.

1. Do you drink alone?

1. I used to - if not every single night, then nearly every single night

2. The same things I'd do if I was not drinking - usually playing on the playstation.

3. I was extremely lonely after a break up, then after a while I eventually started drinking alone out of habit. I'd think a lot about what a horrible habit it was and try to cut down, unsuccessfully, and eventually it just happened without thinking about it.

4. Addictive, pointless, self destructive.

4. I thought we already had question 4.

1. Do you drink alone?

Only a couple of times. Ever.

I'm usually just knocking back drinks

Usually to forget or make myself feel better about something

It's a very sad and lonely thing to do

5. Offer other relevant details.

What's the point unless it's escapism, and then if that's the case who really cares?

1. Do you drink alone?

Occasionally.

Play wii with the balance board and laugh my butt off at myself. Or go on youtube and watch videos about other places (like North Korea or other mysterious, fascinating places) or astrophysics.

When my husband drinks, he tends to fall asleep before cracking the second beer open. I'm often left alone with a fridge full of beer.

It's only as sad as the person doing it.

1) Almost every night

2) Sit out on the porch, watch TV, work on the computer, read, work on my bikes, just about anything I'd normally do...

3) Got no one else to drink with and drinking helps me think less.

4) I'd rather be drinking with someone else. Suppose it's not very healthy in the long run, but I don't have much to care about atm.

4/5) Variety in choice of alcohol is good. There are a number of alcoholics in my family history as there is in most family history. It's only recently really that drinking daily has been labeled a bad thing.

1. Do you drink alone?

Once, maybe twice a month?

Eat, sit on the balcony, play computer games or watch a movie.

Because some days, there's nothing better than a chilled beer on the balcony while watching the sun go down. Other days, it goes well with my dinner.

I see no problem with it, and I don't see why anyone else does either aslong as you don't do it to drown your sorrows.. Moderation, as with everything else, and there's usually not much harm in it..

"5". Offer other relevant details.

Alcohol's use isn't limited to being a conversation-starter, it also tastes good when mixed with various kinds of liquids..

I assume drinking here is grabbing say a beer, and not getting wasted.

1. Do you drink alone?

5. Offer other relevant details.

1. Yes, sometimes

2. Typically I'm working on something... car, motorcycle, bicycles

3. ? Because I like the taste of drinks, sometimes.

4. It's fine, as long as you're not in it just to get drunk. The moment it starts affecting your life negatively, it's time to put the bottle down.

5. None to offer.

Archived