Using I'm using "No Contact" but my ex keeps contacting me!

Ricirich071

Hello everyone,

Brand new to the forum and I've read some great advice from the members! So I'm hoping I can get some good advice!

So here's my situation:

My girlfriend broke up with me. We were together for a year and a half. It was actually my fault because I was pushing her away which led to the breakup. It's been about three months and I did the whole begging and persuasian to try to get her back to no avail. I also found out she started dating someone about a month ago which really hurt. At this point I was still trying to talk to her about how I've changed and begging and it was only making it worse for me.

I want her back and I've bought a book about getting your ex back. I've been trying to use no contact strategy to get myself together while hoping she will realize what she had and want to get back together after her rebound is over. But she still wants to be friends which I obvisouly can't do right now. At first I told her I could while telling her I love her etc. thinking that would be my way back in but the book I've read says not to because that only eases her off the relationship. So I told her I couldn't be friends and that is wasn't fair to me. She got upset and told me she was losing her best friend. I replied and told her that right now I need time to heal and that maybe one day we could be friends. She emailed me back and agreed it would take time but then started asking me all kinds of questions like how I was doing, how's my day, whats new, etc. I replied back trying to be as vague as possible not to get another reply. I told her I was going out of town for a week and she kept replying asking more questions. I didn't reply. This was last week. Now today she sent me a text message referring to my sports team winning and I haven't replied yet.

The problem is I don't know what to say to her and if I should even reply. I don't want her to think I'm playing games by ignoring her and the book says always return messages. But I'm also trying to stick with no contact for my own sanity and I know if I reply she will reply back with the how am I doing, etc. type questions which I''m trying to avoid.

When I see her messages my heart skips a beat and all the feelings come back. It's hard not to reply! And if I do reply I can't help wanting to tell her I miss her, love her, etc. and that doesn't help with no contact! So what do I do? How do I handle this?

By the way the book I'm getting the info from is "Get Your Ex Back for Good" by George Karanastasis.

I wasn't being there for her emotionally and I was shutting her out because of my own issues I had going on. I never wanted to break up with her but she decided to break up with me because of it.

I'm trying to give it time and not have any contact with her but she's making it difficult!

I wasn't being there for her emotionally and I was shutting her out because of my own issues I had going on. I never wanted to break up with her but she decided to break up with me because of it.

I'm trying to give it time and not have any contact with her but she's making it difficult!

How serious is she with the other guy? I think the both of you need time to sit down and have a heart to heart and see where it may lead. She was probably feeling hurt, and unloved so she found comfort in another, but I think she still loves you...don't give up, but for now...do take care of yourself...that is most important.

Archived