Changing Colleges.

auuuuuuuuztin
100+ Best College Quotes
100+ Best College Quotes

Can someone help me out with this?

Lets say, hypothetically, I went to a community college for a semester. I didn't do so well. (hypothetically speaking of course. )

Anyways, if I were to apply to a school out of state, and didn't want to transfer my credits from the other school, would they be able to look up my grades?

Or could I just not tell them I ever attended that school?

There have been cases of people getting away with this and also cases of people getting caught. I think that your education is attached to your social security number & if a school wanted to look it up they could. That doesn't mean they will do it all the time, but it's possible. If they do find out you can be denied admission or if it's later on they can expel you and not grant you credit for the classes you've taken there.

I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

See that's what I thought.

I have a friend who completely failed a whole year at U of H and he was saying that he was going to just go to a community college the next year and pretend he never went there.

Which is what gave me this idea.

I just never really had direction in my life then and now that I've really figured out what I want to do I want to move away, out of state, and start fresh.

Ugh.

See that's what I thought.

I have a friend who completely failed a whole year at U of H and he was saying that he was going to just go to a community college the next year and pretend he never went there.

Which is what gave me this idea.

I just never really had direction in my life then and now that I've really figured out what I want to do I want to move away, out of state, and start fresh.

Ugh.

It's tough, but you can still start fresh. If you go to a community college and complete an AA or get 60 credits, admissions will generally not even look at anything before that, or so I've heard. I suppose it would also depend on how selective the school you went to was.

usually you have to request your transcript to be transferred. some colleges will accept credits, some won't. if you didn't really make any credits, i wouldn't request this.

True, but I do understand what the OP is saying. He wants to wipe the slate clean and start over again probably because he didn't do so well at the school he went to (grade issues), so he is willing to start from scratch and NOT transfer ANY credits over and start another university as if he was starting afresh (retaking all classes, etc).

If I had messed up at a school and dropped out of school (due to bad grades and such), I could see why someone would want to do that, and use his current work experience as the recommendation for school.

Admissions offices generally check you out. They search your SS#. Just put your transfer credits in and then talk to admissions about starting from scratch. Community Colleges are really great at working with you if you are honest.

Archived