Change in demeanor/behavior of dog (good or bad)?

renaissancewoman101

I asked my best friend this morning how Jasper is doing. He told me Jasper seems off (his behavior has changed). He has gotten very quiet lately, and spends most of his time sleeping on the couch and doesn't follow people around much anymore. Is this something to worry about?

Normally he is a pretty active dog, follows people around, walks around the house exploring, etc. I know they left him outside in the yard on Sat, all day, while they out. They also have a visitor that is staying with them for two weeks and the guy spends the day at home (while my friends work) and hangs with the dog.

I am hoping to take the dog to the vet this Sat to get him checked out. T doesn't care and says if I want to, go do it. His bf seems reluctant about it. But then it might mean they don't want to hang out with me either. His bf is moody and his moods switch with each hour.

Is the dog's lethargy something to be concerned about?

Wasn't he recently checked by the vet before going to your friends place?

The people they adopted him from said yes, he did have a vet check. My friends have the paperwork from his shots (not sure if they checked it though).

Maybe I am becoming too possessive of the dog. I dunno.

If I see the dog this weekend, I probably can tell if he is "off" or not.

The people they adopted him from said yes, he did have a vet check. My friends have the paperwork from his shots (not sure if they checked it though).

Maybe I am becoming too possessive of the dog. I dunno.

If I see the dog this weekend, I probably can tell if he is "off" or not.

Thinks Renny should file for joint custody of Jasper.......hahahaha

Thinks Renny should file for joint custody of Jasper.......hahahaha

I would LOVE to be able to keep this dog at my place. Unfortuanetly my apt bldg doesn't take dogs and Jasper is weighs about 60lbs and will need a big yard and decent-sized house to run/live in.

He is the only dog I get along well with.

Is he getting enough exercise? Certain breeds, especially the larger "sport" breeds need a LOT of physical exercise to stay mentally healthy. If they don't get it, they get depressed (really!) If he is a new dog to the household, maybe he is just getting used to the surroundings and new activity level, people, etc.

Archived