Went on my 1st date since breakup

jayceex17
Starting Over In a Relationship - B...
Starting Over In a Relationship - Beginners Guide

Well like the title says..I actually went on my 1st date since breaking up with my ex. But here's my dillema, it's been about 4 months since the break up...by now i thought I would be healed or somewhat able to go out with another person. The person I went out with was great. She's attractive, easy to talk to and we even got a little physical at the end(no sex or anything, just some innocent kissing)..but after the date, I began to think about my ex again. Does this mean that I'm not ready to date??

yes I was the dumpee...during the whole break up...i just kept saying to myself that I needed to see other people and it would make me feel better...but in reality...it didn't really do much...i don't know...i guess im still holding on to that little bit of hope ](*,)

theres your problem, need to let go completely. worst case.. she comes back when your with someone else. and you make a judgement call then? (worst case sounds pretty easy to deal with yeah?) - thats my gameplan

i think that's natural jaycee, but don't lose hope. Go out on another date withh this person. At least you thought about your ex after the date and not during. Just take it slow, give yourself some time before the next date. Don't treat the date as an opportunity to prove to yourself that you are over your ex. Just try and relax and enjoy the persons company for what it is.

We all have hope, but one day, that hope will be replaced with a newfound enthusiasm for meeting other people

Maybe you havent fully healed yet and arent ready to completely move on and see other people?

I am 8.5 months post break up and i cant even think of seeing someone else right now.

We all heal and move on at different times, there's no set time frame.

Archived