What to think!?

whatatodo
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting

So I did really well all weekend, I didn't reply to any of his texts (he sent two that didn't really require a reply... but still nice ones....), so I didnt reply... and then we obviously saw each other at work....!! and he sends me an email asking if i want to share his lunch with him, how I looked 'well rested' even though I'd probably been out lots, that he just wanted me to know that I 'was in his thoughts all weekend', how he 'realises what an idiot' he's been...that he 'wishes he could have hung out with me'!? What's that all about!? He KNOWS he could change it...!?

I didn't reply to that email, I only replied to another work one he sent and then said yes I would like to have some lunch, as I didn't have any of my own... He kept looking at me all day, he was quiet, almost sad... I don't know what to make of it. I'm sitting here wondering if he's thinking about me, and whether he's with anyone else... I'm also tempted to text him, to say I've found his sunglasses, which he left here when he came over last week to 'talk'...

I just don't know what to make of it, I know the general opinion will be that he just wants a 'safety net', he's missing the attention... that when he's out of work he's probably not miserable at all but I just don't know...

I was the last person to have any communication between each other today, I'd sent him a work email, he'd replied asking me questions in a sort of jokey way, and I replied almost jokey with him... and he didn't reply... but then I DID pretty much dart out of the (open plan) office as soon as I'd replied...

I just want to know if he's thinking about me!?

Reality is he probably IS thinking about you. Stay strong and try not to reply. This is what I am guilty of falling for each time.

My ex would send me texts or leave me voicemails that he "thinks about me everyday" or that "he misses me"...left me bait that he wanted to hang out, and go ona few dates and see where things went. When I talked to him about what that meant, and he got squeamish, I realized I had done all that NC and work on myself and when i broke contact out of faith that he had woken up, he really hadnt changed at all! Those texts and voicemails were a bait to get my response, and in hindsight, I wished I would have just ignored them and let HIM hurt and worry and squirm about whether I still cared like I think about him all the time!

Don't respond! Stay strong and keep to yourself...if he is TRULY serious he will come FIND you, and maybe not hide behind texts. OR he will say clearly in his texts or phonecalls that he wants you back.

Never settle for halfass, because then he has you back without having to work for you...and if he was the dumper, he should be the one proving, reassuring and making you feel wanted and secure. Just my two cents.

Thank you. I actually finished it, as I found out one of his best girl 'friends' slept in his bed with him 2 weeks ago... He assures me that's all the happened, but why should I believe it. He never wanted to be in a 'relationship' and I'd finished it twice before this time, just on the basis i wanted more and was giving more, even though I was under no illusion. I just felt that this last thing 'took the biscuit'... how would he have liked it if I'd slept in the same bed as one of my male friends....

I do GENUINELY believe that even if he did have sex with her that it was a mistake, I KNOW he cares, it's just as soon as we ever got close enough to it being 'real' he'd back off which would either end up in me ending it because I wanted more or on this occasion he slept in the same bed (had sex??) with a girl he knew I had issues with. I AM sticking to the no replying, it's just that much harder when you work together. I just hope he continues to be 'subdued' at work as it really makes me sad when he's all upbeat (like two days) since we finished it...

Argh... I'm going to wash up the dishes, hang my washing up and then get into bed so I'm not thinking about him!!

Archived