Trust issues

I just have a bad feeling that if I end up in another relationship, I'm going to have a hard time trusting the next guy.

I've been lied to throughout this relationship and past ones where the exes have hidden things from me or they've said stuff to me like I want a future with you, it's just you and me forever etc but in actual fact, just saying it to convince themselves and me that they want it.... how now do I go onto trust anyone in future?

Has anyone had similar situations where you have moved onto another relationship but issues from your past has already condemned the new one?

I don't want it to happen but I am afraid that it will

I just have a bad feeling that if I end up in another relationship, I'm going to have a hard time trusting the next guy.

I've been lied to throughout this relationship and past ones where the exes have hidden things from me or they've said stuff to me like I want a future with you, it's just you and me forever etc but in actual fact, just saying it to convince themselves and me that they want it.... how now do I go onto trust anyone in future?

Has anyone had similar situations where you have moved onto another relationship but issues from your past has already condemned the new one?

I don't want it to happen but I am afraid that it will

i can give you a long list of failed relationships of mine since divorce, due to trust!

hindsight is a good and a bad thing really. my issues stem from being a serial cheater on my ex wife, i know what an ass i was.

for 12 years i was ducking and diving, using all the old tricks in the book, going out on fake jobs only to see other women, you name the trick and i did it.

i hate myself to a degree that sometimes i will even avoid being in a relationship, because i have a serious issue with trust! now that issue comes with the hindsight with what to look out for if my s.o is cheating! although it may not be the case, even so it drives my insane! i deserve to feel like this because of what i did.

i would never ever dream of cheating on someone now if i got with anyone. but its hard very hard

to control those gremlins that creep in. i shouldnt and you shouldnt view someone elses life through your own glasses, whatever the degree of the trust issue would be.

not everyone is like me,you the cat or the lamp post, so to speak.

even though i say this i still sit here and cannot get my head round trusting partners. its awful, i hate hindsight.

not sure if this will help you but it will give you insight on how it affects others.

just read my middle signature, and make sense of that.

and i know that the most horrible thought is that its gonna come back and bite me on the ass.

so i end up pushing them away trying to protect myself, and in actual fact its all in my head!!!

so as soon as i can learn to trust i can move on from this crap.

to trust someone is to be trusted yourself!

jahur

Do You Need Reassurance? Stop It Li...
Do You Need Reassurance? Stop It Like This

Archived