My belly button is bleeding..

Did you take the ring out or move it?

Sometimes the skin tries to grow onto the ring and that's not a good thing. When I got mine done I was told to take it out every day and clean it or atleast move it up and down, which stops it from attaching onto the ring. I wouldn't worry too much about unles the skin starts getting dark or really painful.

It's technically a wound, therefore its trying to heal, and it'll heal just like any other open wound, so by moving it around or something you're just causing it to reopen.

It should stop once it grows together right and the INSIDE of it heals.

I got my belly button pierced years ago. I can tell you it will take atleast 2 years for it to heal where it doesn't bleed at all. After two months it can bleed if you rub it while bathing, sleeping, snagged on clothes. It will scale up for months and months to come. If I recall you should not use alcohol, there is special solution, just keep it clean.

However, I am not a doctor, so just to make sure everything is okay at this point either see the person that pierced it who will be able to tell you what to expect. Also consider seeing a doctor.

I just got mine done about 3 weeks ago and I have been wondering if mine is infected! Mine isn't bleeding, but it hurts when I touch it and sometimes will ooze stuff or be crusty. I am following what they say, but it isn't really getting better - does this happen to you too?

Archived