How long is it too much?

How long will you wait?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How long will you wait?

• I don't know, can't really tell
    • I will always wait for them
    • 1-5 years, I got limits too

It's been already 2 years for me now since May 2007. He was suppose to have come last year but now it's set to be by the ending of this year.

Now inicially when he was at the airport with me, we had say our farewells and gave the longest making out. I as well as he before I left to my native country told each other we would always wait.

But isn't' there a limit too. definitely not until you old.

Part of me want to say I'll always wait for him but I don't wanna age on that either.

I'd wait if I thought the life we would have together was worth waiting for

But if you think hes putting it off and not making the effort in for it to happen, I'd reconsider.

Its only a few months more to wait, and if you've already waited 2 years it seems silly to give it up.

Since you're getting married in another 6 months or so, do you have everything planned, and deposits made? Have you bought your gown?

I assume that he gave you an engagement ring. I think by answering these questions, it should tell how serious he is, and also whether you should wait for him, or not.

Since you're getting married in another 6 months or so, do you have everything planned, and deposits made? Have you bought your gown?
No I have no plans. If we get married I wanna make it a fast government type marriage arrangement. I don't like dresses. I prefer wearing jeans and a shirt.

I assume that he gave you an engagement ring. I think by answering these questions, it should tell how serious he is, and also whether you should wait for him, or not.
I don't like rings.

You wait until you can't wait any more. That happens to everyone. I could have waited longer, but I didn't have enough evidence of his desire to come be with me. I did have evidence to the contrary, which only made it harder to wait. Eventually, I cracked. I felt that he was saying he really cared but he didn't act like it. After bringing it up a few times I just started grieving right there on the phone with him. Crying brought me relief, but I'm sure it confused him. Within weeks we were done. Nothing changed significantly enough since to make it workable. Most recently I backed off dating and relationships entirely so I don't really think about it any more.

You wait until you can't wait any more
I absolutely agree with you on this statement. I see myself giving it until somewhere between December 2009 to January 2010. I see little evidence (besides calling me through long distance cards sometimes) of him making any actual effort. Normally he would have send me something over on the past holidays such as Valentine's Day or Christmas, etc.

Besides the l''ittle evidence thingy'' issue, this has created problems with my parents from 2006-2008 and up to this day it still does once in a while. I'm already fed up with the ''He's not good enough for me'' speech dad once. On top on that it caused me to get drunk one day and I started acting out.

List of what this has cause from 2006-2008 mainly. This year it's been way better than the previous one but still, there's always something tiny that still lingers from the past.

2006-2008

1) Frequent argument with parents but mainly with mother

2) Frequent ''he's not good enough'' for me speech

3) Me getting drunk like crazy and depressed

4) Gossips between my mother, her friend and some other people (talking bad about him plus trying to convince me on ending my relationship)

5) Me endlessly trying to stand up for him against all those bad talks, but ending up depressed as well

6) More gossips coming from my mom once we arrived in Peru

7) Secretly buying a calling card

8) Me hating my mother's friend and those that trying convincing me in ending my relationship

11) My father didn't even wanna meet him for the first time way back in 2006, it was him hiding and me at the home whenever my father was not there. Yes he did get along with my mom at first but then after a while it turned into a nightmare.

and the list goes on....... Needless to say I still love him but it has caused stressed on me, too much trouble for one damn guy.

I guess for me it would depend on the concreteness of the plans to be together. If I knew for sure that we would be together on "X" date, I could probably wait a few years. But if I thought the person were wishy-washy and I was more interested in being physically together, then I might give up sooner. I am not in this situation though so I can't say for sure what I'd do.

Archived