Stock market info

What are some of the best places online to learn about how to get into the stock market?

Brother I look at these boards every day, and you are in the wrong website. And really you need to know that your question requires a biased answer.

Go to the library and pick up and introductory book.

I don't think you need to go to school just to get in on the stock market. There's tons of ways to learn.

One of the most important things to do is always be reading up about it. The internet it a wonderfull source (just make sure you're reading trustworthy ones who know what they're talking about). Like someone mentioned you may get biased opinions, but it's up to you to choose a strategy.

Another good way I tried is to join a club or go for a course. (I ended up quitting though since I didn't have much time).

There are online programs/sites which allow you to invest fake money. You can try that too, since it will help you get a feel on investing and losing, without actually Losing money (or earning). I advise you not to invest high. Try and invest realisticly like you would with your own money.

Talk to people who know about it. They can give wonderfull insight from their experience. Maybe join a forum about it.

Watch shows on tv. Mad money! Lol. Yep, I actually watched that show for some time, and used the info to invest in fake stock and monitor the stocks (based on his advice). It was fun but you do need to either teevo the show, and/or make time for the research if you want to do it before investing.

If you want to invest for real.. ask someone who's done it. I haven't yet but I do know there are fees involved before you can just simply invest.

The business sections of reputable news websites and newspapers could be a good start for picking up a few basic things. For example you can see how share prices react to news items. Find a reputable site and watch the effect of news items and company reports on the share price and dividends paid. The news is a great source of what is happening and information on how companies are doing. Most stuff is simple, if retail sales are down and a retail company is struggling then dividends are cut and the share price falls. The hard part is deciding what news will come out to affect shares before the news is made public. This is really hard and is why it's extremely hard to make profits off share dealing.

Don't really bother doing a degree in say economics to learn how to watch share prices and things like that. It won't teach you. You'll be doing equations and theories on how levels of the economy behave, you won't find out how to buy and sell shares and make cash (if that's what you were thinking of).

Archived