Hope

Cloud802
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Haven't been on here in a while.

Anyways, I'm here to give a success story. You don't exactly see a lot of those here, and it's extremely depressing.

I was with my ex-girl for a good four years, and we ended up breaking it off, I never really got over her. She moved to Nebraska with another man, and I was to the point of contemplating going after her.

I visited her for one week during this time, and she treated me like total crap. Called me immature and told me that I needed to stop chasing her like some lost dog.

Turns out she was right, she could have been a bit nicer about it though.

I ended up enlisting in the US Air Force, I graduated BMT about a month and a half ago and I'm now going to tech school for my career field. I start working for Uncle Sam in a few weeks and I couldn't be happier.

I've grown a lot in a short amount of time, and I've finally taken her down off that damn pedestal I put her on.

I still love her, and I've given her an offer to come with me, but if she decides not to it's out of my control. She's very tempted, but I don't know if she will or not.

Either way, my life is off to a rocket start, I feel great, and best of all, I realize my ex is human, and that I CAN live without her if she decides to not take my offer.

Don't ever give up hope.

Whether you want them back or want to move on, never give up.

Because if you do, you're only hurting yourself.

It's good to see that you are handling this well. You are so young and there is so much more in life for you. The military is wonderful place to grow up and enjoy life. You have so many opportunities to see the world. My best friend and her husband are now stationed in Germany for example. Crazy thing is my recent ex is also in the AF. I think part of the reason we broke up is that he wants to do the same and experience life in different parts of the world and I just didn't fit into the picture. Enjoy life and enjoy your freedom. Good Luck Airman!!!

Archived