weird spot with old friend need ladies opinions

anymuss85

met this great girl about 5 years ago, I knew I was going away to school very soon so I didnt make a move on her even though we became very close. I went away to school, We stayed good friends she started seeing an ex, I saw other girls, We still hung out, shewould always bring up thought of going to the same school the next year possibly.. We got into argument over a stupid comment I made didnt speak for months, ran into each other had heart to heart (she told me she and bf were on break).. became friends again, I got drunk one nite and really layed into her for her choice of friends, and accused her of using me, we went back and fourth for hours, she got mad , i tried apologizing didnt really work...months went by, I saw she was single, I sent her flowers and a message thqt I was sorry for being jealous, that ive had feelings for her, she email said the flowers were beatiful and we would talk soon..She invited me to her bday party, I pulled the same idiotic stuff got drunk, jealous and protective bad part is i dont remember what happened....she didnt answer my calls, We saw each other again that I dont remember a few weeks after that from what i heard it was the same thing....Her ex bf told me she told him what happened and said i should go for it...I was ashamed of acting like an idiot so didnt contact for long time, I saw she was dating a new guy, I sent her a heartfelt message, but no reply and was pretty much over it. I saw her at a party while after and she gave me the biggest smile id ever seen her give...but I didnt want to stir up stuff considering she had new bf and just kept it to hey whats up and kept moving, So when I would see her that would be it, no real conversation, i was respecting her relationship she chose him you know? I would just drop a message every few months saying hey nothing serious or romantic or anything...then out of nowhere after months of no attempts to contact she blocks me on aim...wont accept my friend request on fb(still pending), then has the audacity to act like nothings wrong at the bar in my area all the time , etc if you block someone wouldnt you stay away from them in the same place? so anyway I tried apologizing for everything in person she had a big smile on her face then walked away, i tried offering a drink but she declined...I sent her IM telling her im sorry bout what happened it was long time ago, just forget it im over it..lets just catch up for a minute next time....she was typing a reply but then just signed off and blocked that SN a month later.....I am with someone else right now but its not that serious, I know things prolly wouldnt work out between us but id just like to set stuff straight with her...I mean is all this blocking really necessary Im not trying to talk or call, stalk her everyday or anything? I just hate weirdness with an old friend...BTW, I had a drinking issue before but thats fine now, I havent gotten drunk in months...and also she started seeing this dude almost 2 years ago. Ive told her many times, If you dont want to talk to me just tlel me so stop playing games she never says no..what did i do to irritate her this much? is she hurt or just wants to keep me away? its not like i try contact all the time

The fact that you're this bothered by her blocking you makes me wonder if you still have feelings for her. Honestly, I don't think she's trying to play games, I think she just doesn't want to talk to you. It's one thing when you bump into a friend at a store, etc., say hi, and continue on your merry way. On FB, Aim, things like that, often people will have more personal details about what they're doing in their day-to-day life. It's fine that you want to make things right, but I don't understand entirely why it's bothering you so much if you don't harbor any feelings for her.

Consider that she has valid reasons for being nervous about you. You've demo'd a lack of self control on several occasions, and she might even be afraid of provoking you if she allows your screen names to spot her online and she's not up for answering.

You can't 'make' someone see things your way, no matter how many regrets you hold, but you can aid in allowing things to become water under the bridge by allowing for time and distance. Not according to your calendar, but hers. And that's really all.

In your corner.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived