Chaffing/Dryness/Irritation/Too much cardio

ghost69
Pilates Bar Legs and Glutes Workout
Pilates Bar Legs and Glutes Workout

anybody have any common remedies for this? now that i'm doing much more cardio than before, it seems i'm getting really irritated skin where my boxer briefs rest on my legs and they rub. lotion seems to help some, but it seems the irritation is caused by friction. i am not stopping doing cardio.

should i try baby powder before heading to the gym? any suggestions?

I think they were some Big 5 off brand like Ryka or something like that. You will have to try em on to see how they interfere with the boys, but theyve been designed usually with that in consideration. Anyone at a sporting good store will help you find the right fit depending on how you work out, and by that I mean your movements.

Then it's the shorts. You may not think it's cool, but spandex is the way to go. That way the most you lose is hair, not skin.

i think the problem is that they ones i have are a thicker cotton. they are fitting though. the shorts aren't the factor yet.

I think they were some Big 5 off brand like Ryka or something like that. You will have to try em on to see how they interfere with the boys, but theyve been designed usually with that in consideration. Anyone at a sporting good store will help you find the right fit depending on how you work out, and by that I mean your movements.

cool lh, thanks. i'll hit sports authority today.

how about the balls area? didn't hurt or anything. can you link a style or brand that you used?

link removed sells clothes that are good for preventing chaffing and things like that. Also cornstarch or baby powder beforehand as well.

Another option is to work out au naturale. Takes guts (and possibly home equipment) though.

That can actually cause the chaffing to become worse, there needs to be a barrier so the skin isn't rubbing on itself or anything else.

What kind of lotion have you tried? The first thing that came to my mind is trying something that contains zinc, since it seems to be good for irritation in general. I'm not sure if it will help though, but it's just the first thing that i thought of.

Most athletes or people who workout often do that's why they make under clothes to reduce the friction.. I've always had a problem with chaffing, it sucks.

I wear tight sleeveless tops, sometimes tanks and long or knee length stretchy tight pants. No chafing. As I am not often alone in my home my workout is most often with clothing. As much as I hate cardio, I've put more time on my elliptical trainer than I care to count. One difference though, it does tend to keep my legs slightly apart.

What kind of lotion have you tried? The first thing that came to my mind is trying something that contains zinc, since it seems to be good for irritation in general. I'm not sure if it will help though, but it's just the first thing that i thought of.

i've tried all lotions. curel, lubriderm, and aveeno which seems to work best and fricken costs the most. anyways, i think i'll hit a sports store and check out some more frictionless undergarments and get some of that glide stuff.

I wear tight sleeveless tops, sometimes tanks and long or knee length stretchy tight pants. No chafing. As I am not often alone in my home my workout is most often with clothing. As much as I hate cardio, I've put more time on my elliptical trainer than I care to count. One difference though, it does tend to keep my legs slightly apart.

i don't do elliptical. i think it looks ridiculous. plus, my legs aren't small and rub. no, not fat.

and i wear tanks too and lift hard, no chaffing. i'm talking an hour or more cardio sessions so....

and there is always salt in sweat, i don't care how much water you drink. i drink almost two gallons a day.

Archived