I Need to Take a Chill Pill...Anyone Have One?

Ok, so this year I feel like I've been stressing out all the time. It feels like when I overcome one problem another one arises. And if there isn't a problem, I'll find one. Frankly, I'm sick of it. I'm tired of being an uptight person who can't relax. I've been through alot emotionally this year but I'm ready to get over that and move the on, because I have learned from those experiences. I've been trying to overcome this on my own and had some success, but I keep slipping back after a few days. I'm graduating from high school tomorrow night and its suppose to be this fun wonderful experience, but I'm just not excited. Any advice at all will help...

For me valium is a great chill pill! Works better than yoga for me! lol

I feel stressed and overwhelmed alot too. Like me, you need to find a healthy way to vent that frustration. I smoke. And take a valium. Not really the healthiest. You are alot younger than me though! So, find something to help relieve tension that is GOOD for you. Like kick boxing, martial arts, swimming, hiking...

That whole "overcoming one problem and another (or another set of) problem(s) arise" thing....that's kinda what life is like. After 4 and a half decades of life, I've started to notice the pattern.

Can't change the external, but you can change the internal.

Yoga's one way to start learning how to do that.

One change in perception I made that has turned me into the very laid-back-roll-with-the-punches kind of person my co-workers tease me about being is this:

I ask myself one crucial question whenever I start getting my panties in a bunch about something. That question is: Is this going to matter 5 years from now?

You'd be surprised how often the answer to that questions is "No." Often times, the answer to that question will turn out to be, "You're not even going to remember this 5 years from now." I draw this conclusion from having kept a journal since I was 12 and going back to re-read at regular intervals.

So, the change in perception is: If this is isn't going to matter 5 years from now, it's probably not worth getting this worked up about right now, either.

Deceptively simple-sounding....but it's not easy to implement.

The other fundamental decision I made is that my peace of mind is more important than getting caught up in the surface, transitory BS that makes up much of our day-to-day lives.

Hahahaha.. I actually had to look that one up to get it!

LOL...thats hilarious.

Pinkelephant: I was really just joking. I dont really encourage it myself, thats why I suggested yoga instead lol.

Archived