Blister? I don't know what this is...

There's this odd growth growing in between one of my toes that's getting me concerned. Today I wasn't able to walk back from class without getting pain from it. At first I thought it was a blister but it hasn't gone away and it's been over a month and it's still there bigger than ever. It looks like a pimple or something. I'm actaully not sure what it is since it feels almost like a piece a rubber's underneath my skin. I don't know if I should try to pop it or what I should do about it since I've never had anything like this before...

I know this isn't a site with experts and doctors, but has anyone else ever had anything like this before?

Maybe you have a corn, you really need to go and see your doctor though. A corn is like a lump hard skin, thats how i would describe them. I treat them with corn plasters that can be bought from the pharmist. Corns can be very painful.

What Causes A Corn?

The most common cause of a corn developing is due to ill-fitting footwear, especially tight or narrow fitting shoes that cause the toes to become cramped into a small space where pressure builds up and friction between the shoe and the tissues of the foot occurs. Sometimes a deformity of the foot may be to blame, especially those with hammer toes or bunions as these condition force prominences to develop and increase the risk of some areas of tissue to feel pressure and rub against the shoe, when it normally wouldn’t.

Signs And Symptoms

Most often seen on the top of the toes, corns can begin as areas of hard skin that become sore and red as the pressure on them continues. As they grow, the tissue can become discoloured taking on a greyish, brown or yellowing appearance. They usually appear as a circular area and sometimes a ‘root’ will be apparent towards the centre of the corn. They do often occur in other areas of the foot such as in between the toes or more rarely on the sole of the foot and can often involve nerve tissues that results in pain and discomfort.

Got this from a website called footcareexpert.

It sounds like a soft corn... basically it's a callous between two toes where they rub together from wearing shoes that are too tight. They can get a little depression in the center, so that may be what you're see.

You can get corn medicine at the store to remove them.

Pain at Outside of Knee - Not Part ...
Pain at Outside of Knee - Not Part Of Knee Replacement

Archived