Insomnia...HELP!

GinaLeigh81
6 Sleep Hacks From Science (Audio)
6 Sleep Hacks From Science (Audio)

For the past 6 months Ive experienced insomnia from time to time...usually woulnt last longer than maybe 2 nights. But for some reason, I got it again almost 2 weeks ago and it has been continuous ever since! I have done a ton of research and tried everything....herbs, herbal tea, hot bath before bed, alcohol, lavender, binaural beats, deep breathing and meditating. I also exercise and eat healthy.

I have a script for Xanax which I would take for the occasional sleepless nights, but I've become immune to them. Unless I take about 4...which I refuse to do.

I just completed 2 sessions of accupunture over the weekend, but it has done nothing to help.

If you have any advice....please help! Im exhausted and can barely funtion

Ahhh insomnia, you are far from alone! I have been dealing with it since 2005. What I find helps are nice sheets and pillow cases. And if you can even get a tempereudic or even topper, that can help to. Aside from that, it seems like what you're doing is good. Do you also have a regular sleep schedule, do not consume alcohol/caffeine late in the evening? I have some set rules like no caffeine past 2pm.

Unfortunately, I know for me insomnia occurs when I have anxiety, whether conscious or subconcious. Lately I've been dealing with it because I'm going through a huge transition (graduated college and need to figure out what the heck I'm doing!). So I know for me insomnia occurs due to anxiety/depression. I know insomnia or sleep anxiety runs in my family.

I guess my advice is to do what you can do relax and it will subside. Also try to pinpoint what may be causing your anxiety. If need be you could try Ambien CR, I use that on occasions when I REALLY need sleep as it works wonders, but it's also HIGHLY addictive and can cause rebound insomnia.

Sorry for the essay! I just wanted you to know you are not alone! Hope this helps a little.

Archived