Employer contacted me at 4:30pm on a SUNDAY for a 3rd Job Interview???

ConfusedDater
Inspired Post from the Total Knee R...
Inspired Post from the Total Knee Replacement Support Group for Kind People

This had to be the most shocking thing that has happened to me since being laid off-lol I was just sitting here watching the game and the phone rung and it was the employer calling to bring me in again after the 2nd interview on April 27th. Why couldn't they just wait until tomorrow??? I was all set to start ironing my shirt for my first day tomorrow and I get this call for a 3rd Interview on top of the other interview I just had where the lady responded quickly to my thank you letter. So I decided not to go tomorrow and have informed the lady about my decision. I can't pass up a 3rd interview especially since I never had one in my life.

If I had received this call when I arrived home tomorrow I would have told them I was already employed. But it came before the FIRST DAY

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait...you gave up a job that you had for a job that you didn't get yet? I don't think that's a good idea. Just because you get called for the interview doesn't mean you'll land the job. You don't know how many people they called back for this. And you could have tried to schedule the interview so you didn't miss work and didn't have to risk giving up a guaranteed income.

Wait...you gave up a job that you had for a job that you didn't get yet? I don't think that's a good idea. Just because you get called for the interview doesn't mean you'll land the job. You don't know how many people they called back for this. And you could have tried to schedule the interview so you didn't miss work and didn't have to risk giving up a guaranteed income.

Yeah I decided to push all my chips in the middle of the table. There was also a possibility that they could not interview me after 5pm.

Bet this makes you feel kinda silly telling women not to call only on weekdays, doesn't it? Maybe women just shouldn't call you, since you can never expect when an employer will call.

Yeah it does-lol But I still think it was odd since tomorrow was Monday but I should be glad because if he hadn't called today it would have been too late

Wow, not only are you risking it all on a 3rd interview, but one that came almost a month after the most recent one. I would have stuck with the sure-thing job that started tomorrow. If that other place wants you so bad, why call on a Sunday and why so much space between the interviews? I would have told them to take a hike and committed to the other job.

I don't understand you. You were already going to start on a PERMANENT job. And to give all that up just for an interview (albeit a 3rd interview). But still, an interview, even a 3rd one, does NOT guarantee that you will get that job.

If you don't get the job, you're gonna be unemployed again.

I wasn't going to be employed until tomorrow so I'm still unemployed-lol

Just have a couple of jobs I really want looking good for me

If you don't get this job though, you're not going to get a lot of sympathy when you start complaining about job hunting again. You had a job and you gave it up. With this economy, it's time a time to be picky about which job you get. You don't have that luxury. Take the sure thing at this point.

Wow, not only are you risking it all on a 3rd interview, but one that came almost a month after the most recent one. I would have stuck with the sure-thing job that started tomorrow. If that other place wants you so bad, why call on a Sunday and why so much space between the interviews? I would have told them to take a hike and committed to the other job.

Well look it at like this, I finally know how to act on a job interview and since that was a job I didn't want in the first place what have I really lost? I know it was a lot of space but It's still a job I want and how do I know its a interview? They may want me to come in so they can offer me the job. There is nothing else for me to be interviewed for at this point. All that was done on 4/27/09. I think this is just me meeting the person I will be workling with and discussing hours and benefits.

Just as a side note...

Especially since this is a 3rd interview they called you about, if they were really THAT interested in hiring you, they'd find a way to schedule around any other obligations you have. If they say they simply can't work with you on the time of the interview, then they probably aren't as interested in hiring you as you're hoping they are. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

yeah, i'm also surprised you aren't showing up to work (a sure thing!) for an interview! sheesh. i would have just scheduled the interview at some time when you don't have to be at work.

whatever, it's your life.....

Just as a side note...

Especially since this is a 3rd interview they called you about, if they were really THAT interested in hiring you, they'd find a way to schedule around any other obligations you have. If they say they simply can't work with you on the time of the interview, then they probably aren't as interested in hiring you as you're hoping they are. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Well I told them I was working which is true since it was May 17th and not the

18th. As let's not forget I have two possible job offers coming this wee, not one. Remember I just had the interview this past wednesday when the lady responded back to my thank you email. So this is two possible offers, not 1.

yeah, i'm also surprised you aren't showing up to work (a sure thing!) for an interview! sheesh. i would have just scheduled the interview at some time when you don't have to be at work.

whatever, it's your life.....

Keep in mind that this is a 3rd interview, not a interview. It this was a call I received from a job I applied to in April, I would have erased the mesage. But this was a job I wanted that was still pending which is why I'm going.

Archived