So everyone here was right and can say "I told you so"...

Turns out she didn't regret the breakup at all, after sending some mixed signals when I broke NC. She says we should just work on being friends. We're going to stick the plan, which is low contact for months and months and just see what happens. I guess it's a good motivator for me in terms of closure now. I'm not going to fight and fight for someone that doesn't see things the way I do. If she doesn't want me back, fine, time to move on.

Turns out she didn't regret the breakup at all, after sending some mixed signals when I broke NC. She says we should just work on being friends. We're going to stick the plan, which is low contact for months and months and just see what happens. I guess it's a good motivator for me in terms of closure now. I'm not going to fight and fight for someone that doesn't see things the way I do. If she doesn't want me back, fine, time to move on.

These last two sentences are awesome advice for us all. Keep going forward man!

I'm just annoyed at myself for falling for this * * * * like "I miss us' thinking it meant ANYTHING more than just the ramblings of a lost ex.

Don't beat yourself up...many of us have been down that same road and learned the hard way that dumpers often take advantage of the vulnerability and hopefulness of the dumpee.

Archived