Could my cat be pregnant?

Laura11111
How to Treat a Sebaceous Cyst on a ...
How to Treat a Sebaceous Cyst on a Cat

Hi there,

I noticed today that my cat has a little buldge under her belly. It feels blubby, like extra skin. She's gained about half a pound since she was at the vet around a month ago.

I'm aware that all of these signs point to, she's getting fat, but...

I reduced her food intake since she was last at the vet. He recommended that I follow the directions on the back of the food bag as oppose to keeping her bowl filled. Since then, I've been giving her the lowest amount that it recommends, I've cut down on treats, and I've not not given her any wet cat food. So...I don't see how she can be getting fat.

Another important piece of information is that she got out about three weeks ago after pushing a window screen out. She was out for about two hours and just before she came out from behind a house, another cat came out from behind the same house. I had always heard that cat sex leaves the female swollen so I checked her and everything appeared normal. Maybe I heard wrong?

A few more pieces of information:

Her nipples don't look swollen but then I've never looked at them before.

She's around a year and a half old.

She's of the bengal breed.

That's it.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

You need to get her spayed. Take her to a vet to have them check if she's pregnant. If she is, have them do a kitty abortion (before I get flamed for that, please understand that there are so many animals being killed in shelters every day b/c people don't get their animals spayed and neutered and there are too many animals and too few homes. So a kitty abortion is much better than for them to come into the world, live in a feral environment, go to a bad home, get hit by a car, or die in a shelter).

There's absolutely no reason your cat shouldn't be spayed. get her spayed immediately so you don't have to worry about this again.

It could be a tumor or a cyst.

Hmmm...I never thought of that. Thanks.

You need to get her spayed. Take her to a vet to have them check if she's pregnant. If she is, have them do a kitty abortion (before I get flamed for that, please understand that there are so many animals being killed in shelters every day b/c people don't get their animals spayed and neutered and there are too many animals and too few homes. So a kitty abortion is much better than for them to come into the world, live in a feral environment, go to a bad home, get hit by a car, or die in a shelter).

There's absolutely no reason your cat shouldn't be spayed. get her spayed immediately so you don't have to worry about this again.

Thanks for your suggestion but I'm not interested in getting her spayed. To be honest, I'm more excited than worried about the fact that she might be pregnant. Mind you, I would have preferred another pure-bred bengal for a father as oppose to a random but it's too late now...lol.

Hmmm...I never thought of that. Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestion but I'm not interested in getting her spayed. To be honest, I'm more excited than worried about the fact that she might be pregnant. Mind you, I would have preferred another pure-bred bengal for a father as oppose to a random but it's too late now...lol.

There are way too many animals being put to death every day b/c there's no room for them. Not getting her spayed is irresponsible.

There are way too many animals being put to death every day b/c there's no room for them. Not getting her spayed is irresponsible.

Look, I have different view than you when it comes to this issue and you're not going to change my mind.

If it makes you feel any better, if she is pregnant and has kittens, I'm not going to drop them off at the humane society. I'm going to put time and effort into finding loving homes for them.

Mod Note: Please do not turn this thread into a debate about spaying and unwanted pets. The OP has made her position clear and that is not what she is asking.

Oh...thanks. That's what I love about this site. The moderators do an excellent job of keeping topics on track

i'm going to guess she is pregnant. but, you should take her to a vet to confirm.

honestly, cats are horny little creatures. when they are in heat, and they get out of the door for 2 hours, they'll find a way to get knocked up. lol, wish i was like that!!!

If it makes you feel any better, if she is pregnant and has kittens, I'm not going to drop them off at the humane society. I'm going to put time and effort into finding loving homes for them.

I wish I could foster kittens again, it was one of the best experiences of my life. I ended up with a litter when I took in a stray who was pregnant. I put out ads everywhere as soon as they were born. I had people coming to observe and make picks long before the kittens could be released. This established my relationship with these people and kept them visiting. It also ensured that I wasn't handing any over to some dim wit who was going to spring one on his GF for a present (yeah, I actually had one caller tell me that).

I had one lady claim one who I wasn't sure about. She seemed a bit flakey, and sure enough--she opted out a week before she was due to take him. That's why longer relationships with your adoptors are a good idea--it helps you shake out the flakes.

All the kittens went to great homes and I continued to received pictures and stories throughout the next year. I spayed the mother as soon as her breasts went down, and I gave her a happy home for many years. But I'll never forget the joy of doing dishes with kittens climbing up my legs with their little razors. It wasn't long before they could spin all the way up to my shoulders in seconds, and they loved watching me work the sink.

It reached a point where I'd walk around the kitchen with all 4 on my shoulders, and they were incredible at balance. I could bend over into the fridge and they'd all shift weight effortlessly. At night I'd have all 4 climbing on me and their mother in my lap while I tapped the computer.

I especially loved watching the kittens play out of control then drop mid-action to sleep. Anywhere.

One warning: inspect the underside of your cabinets and plug up any holes. They WILL find them, and they can get inside the tiniest opening.

I hope you'll keep us posted, and enjOy.

Oh my that is one gorgeous cat!

It could very well be that she's pregnant. I'd not reduce her food if she is, she will need the extra food. But do take her to a vet asap. The flubby part... our female cat has it too, but that is the result of her having been neutered. It didn't appear 'ex machina'

Archived