phone tag and I'm losing...over and over and over

sonorousmorne

My boyfriend and I have been together over a year and a half. While we're at college we basically live together, and we literally spend all of our time together. Both of us like it that way, he will even complain if I have to leave to go somewhere, we're just homebodies. The problem is that when we're apart for holidays, like right now for instance, he NEVER calls, NEVER emails, doesn't have facebook or myspace, and never answers my texts but once every blue moon. Granted, his phone is usually dead (to the point where his parents have to call me to talk to him), but I've brought this up numerous times, even joking that I would start sending him messages on his XBOX. Still, this continues to go on. When I finally do talk to him he says that nothing is wrong and that he misses me so much, but how on earth can you miss someone that much and never have the urge to talk to them? I have no doubt he cares about me, but I feel like it's "out of sight out of mind" or something, and I don't know if I should bring it up again or just shut up and be miserable. It's kind of insane that I can't even get in touch with my own boyfriend. Do I talk to him? What can I say to make it sink in? Help please!

-Speechless

Well I'm not one for playing games as a rule, but when someone needs a wake-up call like this, I would be inclined to ignore him for a very long period (aka a month or two), until he starts to get seriously worried and then finally talk to him and tell him that how he feels now is how you feel most of the time, and that if he can't communicate more regularly, you're not going to be able to continue the relationship with him because of that feeling. I'm not honestly sure that's the best strategy, but in all honesty it's probably what I would do.

He Calls Me Instead Of Texting
He Calls Me Instead Of Texting

Archived