Parents v.s. child's personality

From the looks of it...it seems that much more men are in favor of spanking/hitting the child than woman while against it, there is more women against it than men....

I guess most men just don't seem to like talking but want to have it easy way out......I guess it's due to their aggresive instinct as a result of testoterone, depending on the level....

Is either that it's basically the father or fatherly figure putting the rules mainly..... Even in cartoons, you heard the mother saying to the child ''Wait till your father gets home''..

I'm not a proponent of beating children, but I do believe a firm swat on the butt can be appropriate. This may not be popular, but I think there needs to be a little more fear of God and parents instilled in children. I encounter so many disrespectful, smart mouthed children these days that it makes you wonder at the cause.

It's not really PC to spank currently, so I know a lot of people who speak against it. I don't see the harm when done in moderation, however I feel this is a deeply personal choice that every family must make for itself.

That said, only once can I remember my mother ever actually striking me. I had to be around 16 or so and I told her to f off or something similar. She slapped me accross the face and, I have to admit, even then I knew I deserved it. Suffice it to say, that was the first, last and only time I ever swore at my mother.

I think there needs to be a little more fear of God and parents instilled in children.
I would be interest in knowing what does god has to do with raising your kids along with the child's personality.. I hold no supreme being figure whatsoever, meaning I don't believe in that....

I encounter so many disrespectful, smart mouthed children these days that it makes you wonder at the cause.
Depending how they are raised. If it's poor parenting skills then that would explain it. Also those children must be frustrated for a reason. A child wouldn't yell nor talked back for nothing.

Archived