onthebrink2
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Hi all I am new to these forums. I decided to write my story. Me and my ex were together for 9 years. We were engaged and I thought we were going to get married. She left me for another guy last July. She came to my house a week later. She had a note in her hand. She then said that she had a bunch of my things still. I told her she wasn't welcome and she could throw them out for all that I cared.

Another month went by. I was real depressed and proceeded to text her. Using our old cat as an excuse. She said that she still had my stuff and wanted to bring it over. She came over and said she never wanted to break up for good. She wanted a hug and we kissed. Over the next few days she started texting me telling me she loved me and all the stuff I longed to hear. We hung out a few times and made love a couple times. She texted me one night and said that she was going to break up with her boyfriend and wanted to come back to me. I was ecstatic. It never happened. She eventually started texting me less and less. I told her not to contact me anymore because I wasn't anyones backup.

She kept texting me and one text said I think Karma is coming back to me. I changed my phone number so she couldn't call anymore and I could move on with my life. A week and a half later she was knocking at my bedroom door. I talked with her she said her grandma was sick. I went to the bathroom and came back. She said watch this. She started to call somone and my phone rang. She took my phone number off my phone. I had a fun day with her and we made love. The next morning she called and asked if she could come lay with me. Of course I said yes. Same thing happened the next day but my phone was in the other room so I didn't hear it. She texted me about 50 times saying I know your there answer I want to come lay with you again. I didn't talk to her until Friday. She called crying saying he broke up with her. I drove her around for a while. She then dropped me off. She texted later saying to be home cause she was gonna spend the night. She never showed. The next day I took all the texts to her boyfriends house and showed him. He broke up with her. She came immediately to my house. She begged me for another chance. Stupid me gave it to her. We dated again for about a week until she left me for him again. She told me I wasn't aloud to call her anymore. I never did.

5 months later I was walking down the street. I seen her friend and she said my ex has been looking for me. She said she had cancer and her boyfriend was being a jerk to her. I gave her my phone number and she called me. I was being nice to her. She told me that she never fell out of love with me and has to deal with what she did everyday of her life. She asked if it would be out of line to see me. Her boyfriend was going out drinking every day and not coming home at night. I picked her up the (first time I seen her in 5 months) on her boyfriends birthday he didn't want her to spend it with him. Same cycle again we hugged and kissed. She said she got chills and that I was the only one that could do that to her. I seen her the next day and the next. One day after I dropped her off she called and was hysterical she said he just choked her real bad. I then went and picked her up and she stayed the night. Then I told her I couldn't do this again. I started ignoring her texts. I was sitting at home on the computer with my headphones on when she showed up unexpectedly. Telling me that he came and got all of his stuff and moved out. She stayed the night and we got back together. Her friend was telling me that she really loved me and wanted nothing to do with him. I believed her. She started talking about getting married at the local court house. She even found witnesses. Her friend even asked me when we were going to get married. Needless to say I fell completely back in love with her.

A month went by and she was doing all the little things. Calling me from work to tell me she loved me and stuff like that. I then found out she cheated on me with him. I broke up with her and she begged me. She left me a bunch of texts and voicemails the next day. Telling me I was the love of her life and she would do anything if we could gt back together. I was going to do it. She said her love for me was so strong, so true and so pure. She got back together with him a couple hours after that. That is where I am now. It has been a month and a half since then. She wants to marry him and stuff. She came to at where I work with some lady last week. A friend of mine said he sat there staring at the kitchen waiting to see if I came out. I just want to move on. She used me for a backup plain and simple. Sorry the post was so long and that is after I shortened it.

Be grateful you are not with a mess like that. Remember that your life and your future has loads of promise whereas her future is going to be with someone who treats her very badly. You came out the winner and she came out the big loser. Hold your head up high and move forward with your life.

I think it's important that you re-read this over and over again every time she calls you or contacts you in the future. It seems like you're not willing to continue on this roller-coaster, but it also seemed like that a couple other times, it seems. So, be careful and treat yourself well and keep reminding yourself that "your'e not going to be anyone's back up plan"

Best wishes.

Archived